Senior Manager, Sales Operations
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Senior Manager, Sales Operations role:
The Senior Manager, Sales Operations is a part of OpenGov’s growing Revenue Operations team which owns strategy and programs across all GTM functions. This role will work cross-functionally across multiple Sales functions, Finance, and Business Technologies to help scale OpenGov growing OpenGov sales teams in all things reporting, systems, and processes.
You will primarily focus on partnering with our VP of Sales to help standardize internal sales processes, all sales reporting, our weekly forecast cadence, and our month-end close process designed to provide insights into the team’s achievement of goals, month over month.
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Sales Operations:
• Partner with the functional leaders of our different Sales functions and become their point person for insights and resolution on all things reporting, systems, and processes
• Tighten up our weekly forecasting cadence to provide better insights back to our Sales team, across GTM Leadership, and to our partners in Finance
• Scrutinize, revamp, and continuously maintain our sales processes in Salesforce to ensure our systems support robust reporting and workflows that help our Sales teams be more productive
• Own all sales reporting developed in Salesforce and work cross-functionally with our Business Intelligence team to identify a more robust set of KPIs measured monthly in our BI platform
• Deeply understand AE productivity and forecasted productivity to proactively advise Sales Leadership on attrition risk and/ or risk of not achieving out month and out-quarter goals
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• 5+ years of experience in field operations roles and or similar experience in analytical/ strategy roles within a growing go-to-market organization
• Ability to execute at a strategic level as well as dig into the details and lead projects from conception to completion
• Adept analyst with a strong ability to bring together disparate data sources to drive meaningful analysis
• Experience working with management and leadership teams to provide actionable insights
• Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution-oriented, and driven to succeed
• Ability to drive change and lead through influence in a matrixed environment
• Crisp written communication and verbal communication skills; ability to highlight and collaborate on areas for improvement
• Build strong relationships with all department leaders and stakeholders by improving visibility, making strategic suggestions, and partnering on initiatives to drive results
• Quantitative Skills; Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience using multiple data sources, enriching data to complete analyses
• BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or other related fields
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?