Senior Manager of Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Senior Manager of Product Marketing role:
As a Senior Manager of Product Marketing, you will lead the GTM efforts across a portfolio of OpenGov’s mission-critical products through expert individual strategies as well as guiding a growing team of Product Marketers. You will be accountable for driving winning messaging and positioning, enabling our sales teams, and partnering with our Product Management organization to drive the long-term agenda for our solutions and brand. If you are passionate about driving effective and accountable government, partnering closely with sales and marketing to increase market impact, and delivering winning strategies for delivering financial, operational, and transparency solutions to public sector enterprises --- this may be a fit for you!
Senior Manager of Product Marketing Responsibilities:
• Manage, groom, and coach a growing team of product marketing specialists for OpenGov’s portfolio including Permitting, Licensing, and Asset Management – in addition to your individual contributions as a senior Product Marketing expert
• Represent our GTM strategy and the product marketing team with senior executives and planning committees
• Own the competitive intelligence related to your product portfolio, including win/loss analysis, data gathering, competitive assessments, and arming OpenGov with competitive differentiators to inform messaging and positioning throughout the sales cycle
• Generate go-to-market messaging and positioning to inform sales positioning, content creation and GTM strategy
• Research public sector market dynamics, including pains, priorities, news, legislation, customers, in-house sales, product, and Customer Success resources to inform our value proposition and position within the market
• Collateral and content creation: Generate company slide decks, product and process one-pagers, field enablement materials, e-books, training and other marketing videos, among other key content.
• Product and feature launches: Work with cross-functional teams to generate and execute against internal and external launch plans.
• Pricing and packaging: Develop pricing strategy with cross-functional team, generate and update documentation with Field Operations and Business Development teams.
• 5-7 years of successful experience marketing technology with documented results in a fast-paced and competitive environment.
• Proven marketing experience in SaaS B2B, government, financial software, reporting, accounting, and/or operational software is ideal
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to confidently guide enterprise sales and marketing teams
• Passionate about marketing mission-driven technology to the public sector market
• Self-motivated, creative, results driven, solution oriented, direct, and strong ability to execute on multiple priorities at once
• Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change and competing priorities
• Documented ability to produce high-quality messaging and content at scale; ability to share high-quality content/deliverables examples from prior experience
• Capable of conducting sound market research and synthesizing into practical insights for use in company, product, and marketing strategies
• Ability to hold financial, initiative-based, and budget related conversations with government executives and other market stakeholders
• Acute self-awareness and desire to grow within an organization, personally and professionally
• Minimum of BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other related field; MBA or Masters Degree valuable
• Excellent references (recent and relevant) from both former clients and employers
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.