User Research Intern
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
The intern for the UX research team will gain experience in the breadth and depth of critical research functions. This role will be expected to participate in everything from research planning, facilitation, analysis, operations, and presentation to stakeholders. This position’s contributions will have a direct impact on the products we build and how we market them to our users and prospects.
• Work closely with our User Research Lead to define research goals and shape strategy of an emerging research discipline
• Collaborate with product management, design, marketing, and research teams to identify key research questions and develop interview guides
• Support and conduct generative and evaluative research with current customers and prospects to aid in product development, voice and tone recommendations, and user and buyer personas
• Conduct a research project end-to-end and share findings with relevant stakeholders
• Aid in research operations for the team, such as recruiting, codifying data, and summarizing trends to share in reports
• Operationalize voice of the customer by scaling CER program to improve response rate and sample size and triaging feedback from other secondary sources such as Zendesk; deliver monthly insights report that can be used to inform the continuous planning process
• Deliver research reports that inform design of prioritized features and informs the prioritization of the product suites’ backlog
• Deliver standardized documentation and process for running SEQs and SUS projects
• Deliver and execute plan for benchmarking OG suites against established products in the industry
• Document user journeys and personas for suites and cross-suite uses cases
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
• Comfort with analyzing data and looking for trends and patterns to make actionable recommendations for product development and marketing
• Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Eagerness to learn, self-motivated and able to effectively work remotely
• Experience with qualitative or quantitative research methods, such as interviews, field research, surveys, usability studies, statistical analysis, etc.
• Graphic design and/or presentation creation skills preferred
• Interest in local and municipal government preferred
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?