Payroll Coordinator (CONTRACT)
The Payroll Coordinator (Contract) position is a key role at Thirty Madison. You will be resourceful, results-focused, hyper-analytical with keen attention to detail and have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, empathetic, and proactive, who will challenge us at every turn. Above all, you embody the Thirty Madison mission of providing access to healthcare for all who suffer from chronic conditions.
Comp | Perks | Benefits
- The pay rate for this position is $30-35/hr **
**Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. An annual incentive plan and stock options may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
What you get to do every day:
- Process multi-state bi-weekly payroll for US employees
- Review compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws, and keeps up to date on regulatory changes impacting payroll
- Participate in payroll-related system implementations, troubleshooting, and resolving inefficiencies
- Ensure Quality Control - reviewing payroll reports to ensure accuracy of completed payroll, reviewing and approving new hire, termination, job change, transfer, direct deposit, and other applicable workflows submitted within the HRIS platform and reviewing attendance records for accuracy and coordination with departments for necessary corrections
- Submitting required payroll and labor statistic reports to governmental agencies
- Assist with updating and maintaining earnings codes, earnings groups, and deduction groups
- Manage communications regarding tax notices and with state and local authorities
- Be responsible for applying for withholding and unemployment account numbers across multiple legal entities
- Participate in implementing controls for payroll processes
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years of hands-on payroll experience with payroll processing
- Knowledge of payroll tax compliance - federal, state, and local, especially NY, CA, OH, and PA
- Experience working with multi-state payroll processing; ADP Workforce Now & Time and Attendance knowledge desired
- Strong Excel Skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- FPC or CPP Certification desired
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills with a “no task is too small” attitude
- Experience working with companies that have multiple legal entities
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Thirty Madison we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is a family of specialized healthcare brands devoted to creating exceptional outcomes for all. Each of its specialized brands is focused on a specific ongoing condition, and thoughtfully designed to support the unique needs of its community with personalized treatments and care; with Keeps for men's hair loss, Cove for migraine, Facet for skin conditions, and NURX for sexual health. With empathy at the heart of its innovation, its proprietary care model empowers hundreds of thousands of people with ongoing conditions with the accessible, effective treatments across a lifetime of care. In just four years, we’ve built a number of brands and are continuing to grow rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day. Learn more at ThirtyMadison.com.
*This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.*
Thirty Madison and COVID-19 Management
Our primary goal since the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. Thirty Madison has and will continue to examine and institute solutions according to the CDC’s recommendations and mandates. We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19, including work-from-home office stipends, medical reimbursements, company-wide Refresh days off, and other resources to support a hybrid work environment. Please reach out to your recruiter for additional questions regarding COVID and our workplace policies.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are falsely claiming to be or represent Thirty Madison in order to solicit sensitive personal information or payment. Thirty Madison is not in any way associated with these entities or practices. The safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us is of the utmost importance and we actively work with our legal and security teams to prevent future incidents.
Thirty Madison will never ask for sensitive information or payment when engaging with job seekers. The entities use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including but not limited to: participating in a text-only interview, using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence, or providing you with a seemingly legitimate offer letter. If you suspect you are a victim of this scamming, we encourage you to cease further contact and report the crime to The Federal Trade Commission.
Something looks off?