JOB DESCRIPTION: Engineering Intern
Location: Neuspera Medical, Inc. headquarters in San Jose, CA
Reporting to: Director of Program Management
Base Pay: Negotiable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Engineering
Education: Minimum of 3 years of college or university education in an Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering curriculum
Experience: N/A, prior relevant industry experience a plus
Manages Others: No
Industry: Medical Devices
Required Travel: Minimal – local only
ABOUT NEUSPERA MEDICAL, INC.
Neuspera Medical Incorporated is an exciting medical device startup company headquartered in San Jose, CA that is committed to fielding cutting edge implantable medical device technology that will improve lives of patients battling with chronic illness.
You will provide engineering support primarily to R&D and secondarily to production, including system and component testing, troubleshooting, hardware and software design verification testing, documenting and communicating results. In this role, you will work closely with R&D and production managers, engineers, technicians, and quality engineers to help bring products to fruition. This is a hands-on, multi-faceted position with broad exposure to engineering and medical product development process disciplines.
- Testing and troubleshooting of Neuspera’s sacral nerve stimulation system and components
- Prototyping and bench testing of concepts and product improvements
- Analysis, documentation, and communication of findings to other team members verbally and via standard office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Perform all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, and all other international regulatory requirements with which Neuspera complies
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Juniors with a minimum of three full years, or Seniors (with at least one full semester remaining) of college or university studies towards an electrical, mechanical, or biomedical engineering degree. Relevant industry experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Statistical Analysis Methods
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Solidworks or other CAD experience a plus
- Successful candidates will be required to give a live presentation of their work to the company’s leadership team. Therefore, excellent public speaking and presentation skills are essential
- Electrical, mechanical, or biomedical engineering knowledge commensurate with education level
- Results driven, collaborative team player who works well with others and autonomously with little direction
- Must be a creative problem solver, quick with ideas, results oriented; and have strong communication skills
- Ability to adapt to dynamic situations and adjust as we grow
The base salary range for this position is $20-23 per hour. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skill level, work experience, relevant education or training, and location.
- Office and laboratory
- Some local travel may be necessary