Mythical Games is a Venture-backed game technology company powering the next generation of players, games, and studios. Our goal is to launch exceptional video games that leverage distributed ledger tech while providing a platform that will allow other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are proud of our ‘People First’ culture. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products. By treating each other with empathy and respect, we can live fulfilling lives outside our jobs while also creating exceptional work.
Mythical Games is looking for a skilled Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team within the Finance department.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for managing accounts payable, cash, fixed assets, prepaids, and other general month-end closing activities. The ideal candidate would have experience working with NetSuite and would be able to implement and learn to work with new systems quickly. This role requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage full cycle accounts payable process, including invoice processing, approvals, and payments. This includes managing vendor invoicing and outbound payments, coding said invoices to the correct financial statement accounts, and communicating with and onboarding new suppliers
- Review and reconcile vendor statements and resolve any discrepancies
- Working with procure to pay software systems such as ZIP, along with managing the flow of items through the Procure-To-Pay process. This includes reaching out to internal personnel and vendors for required information
- Assisting with managing company credit cards and reimbursement systems such as Ramp. This includes opening and closing company credit cards as needed along with following up with internal personnel for required support
- Prepare and post journal entries related to ap, cash, fixed assets, prepaids, and other month-end close activities
- Performing monthly account reconciliations, recognition of accruals, and managing amortization schedules. Reconciliations include cash accounts, accounts payable, and prepaid/fixed assets along with related amortization
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date accounting records and ensure compliance with accounting standards and company policies
- Assist with audits, tax filings, and other compliance requirements
- Collaborate with finance personnel to develop approaches for creating more-accurate financial records and optimizing accounting processes for the company
- Perform ad-hoc projects and analysis as required
Qualifications and Skill Sets:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an accounting-related field
- 2+ years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or financial modeling
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Including the creation and use of formulas, large data set manipulation, etc.
- Proficiency in accounting software and bookkeeping programs such as NetSuite or other ERP programs.
- Experience working with Ramp, Zip, Stampli, and JP Morgan is highly preferred
- Someone who characterizes themselves as a self-starter, a team player, and has a willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to locate and correct mistakes in their work
- Focus and emphasis on time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Courage to speak up when something requires attention
- Takes ownership and has the ability to improve and not be complacent with the status quo
The expected base salary range for this role is based on the location where the employee’s work will be performed and is aligned to one of our three compensation pay range tiers. Base pay is just one part of Mythical’s total compensation package, which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their efforts and contributions. This role is also eligible to participate in Mythical’s Corporate Bonus and Equity Plan.
Pay Ranges by Tier:
US Tier 1: $72,000 - $99,000
US Tier 2: $65,000 - $89,000
US Tier 3: $58,000 - $79,000
Locations by Tier:
Tier 1 Locations: San Francisco Bay Area - California
Tier 2 Locations: Remainder of California (outside of the SF Bay Area), Washington state, Massachusetts state, New York state
Tier 3 Locations: All other states outside of California, Washington, Massachusetts, and New York.
The base salary for each successful applicant will be dependent on a variety of factors, including work location, education, qualifications, competencies, relevant work experience, business needs, and market demands. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and people across all gender to apply.
If you need assistance with accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process.
Something looks off?