We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join a collaborative academic and industrial team in the R&D department as a Postdoctoral Scientist. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for performing studies related to current and future products in the company’s roadmap. The position will be critical in generating analytical and experimental data related to Mission Bio’s new products.
You will work closely in collaboration with scientists in academia and industry to develop new technologies for single-cell sequencing. This postdoctoral position is perfect for individuals who are interested in gaining industrial experience during their postdoctoral training. This role requires onsite lab work 5 days a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the conception and development of new technologies in single-cell sequencing.
- Develop, optimize, and execute various experimental protocols.
- Organize and plan experiments with minimum supervision.
- Generate single-cell sequencing libraries and perform next-generation sequencing (NGS).
- Maintain mammalian cell culture.
- Analyze and present experimental results in project meetings.
- A good understanding of general principles in molecular and cellular biology.
- Ability to perform a wide range of laboratory techniques, including but not limited to fluorescence-based assays, Bioanalyzer, PCR, real-time PCR, and microscopy.
- Experience with NGS library preparation and Illumina sequencing platforms operation.
- Good understanding of single-cell DNA and RNA sequencing technologies and techniques.
- Experience with single-cell technology and microfluidics platforms is a plus.
- Experience in cell culture and cell handling is desired.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics or computational biology (e.g., R, python) is a plus.
- Excellent skills in presentation, communication, documentation, organization, and time management.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or associated fields.
This role will be hired through a collaborative local university research laboratory department that will focus on projects which include supporting Mission Bio’s research. Compensation for this role will be managed by the university and the package can range from $50,000 to $120,000 depending on experience.