Director of Originations - Litigation Finance Sales
We’re redesigning the recovery process after an accident to ensure injured people get the legal, financial, mental health, and medical support they need to get back on their feet. As a consumer-centric tech startup, we’re doing it all in a way that challenges the bad behavior that exists in the traditional personal injury industry.
Our team at Mighty is full of talented individuals from top technology startups, insurance, law, and health tech companies who are eager to fix a broken system. We’re transparent and honest in our communication, we’re obsessed with building the best service for our customers, and we aren’t afraid to let our quirkiness and nerdiness shine through.
We’ve come a long way since launching but we’re just getting started - and we need your help to continue making access to holistic support after an accident more transparent, more accessible, and more just.
CoOp Capital is an investment arm of Mighty that focuses on providing financing to personal injury stakeholders such as law firms, medical providers, and litigation finance funders in the space. CoOp has deployed $150m+ in assets to date across a variety of personal injury claims nationally. In its next phase of growth, CoOp is looking to bring on an individual to lead the effort in deploying capital to attorneys, medical providers, and plaintiff advance lenders in the personal injury space. In this role, the Director of Origination will be responsible for assisting in the entire origination process for our litigation finance suite of products. They will work closely with our finance originations team to identify opportunities and develop leads to leverage Mighty's best-in-class technology and close funding deals. This role is a great opportunity for someone familiarized with litigation finance and excited by the challenge of learning and building relationships. The role can be fully remote (US only) or based out of our HQ office in New York City.
- Assist the origination team in identifying financing opportunities with plaintiff law firms, medical providers, and personal injury litigation funders
- Cultivate relationships with Mighty's network of technology and services clients to maintain a pipeline of potential financing opportunities
- Prospect for brand new opportunities through conferences, cold calls, and following up on a variety of referrals generated through our marketing efforts
- Conduct initial screening calls to gather information on potential counterparties for the diligence team
- Maintain origination pipeline reporting with internal stakeholders
- Coordinate diligence requests and delivery between prospective clients and the finance team
- Collaborate with internal partners including Risk, Operations, and Legal to achieve seamless execution, appropriate risk mitigation, and strong client experience
- Assist in the preparation of financing proposals
- Use experience and sound judgment to plan and meet origination targets.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in lending, investing, or investment banking with a preference for existing experience within litigation finance
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related area
- Ability to exercise good judgment in establishing and maintaining working relationships, solve problems, and be able to deliver a high level of accuracy, focus, and timeliness with limited supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required along with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of Programs/Products
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies, contracts, credit, and financial documents as well as other legal documents as needed
- Strong analytical and mathematical capabilities as well as an understanding of credit underwriting and loan documentation
- In the first 30 days, you will learn about our business and how we work. You will familiarize yourself with the systems, and existing processes and start to work on adding new clients.
- In the first 30-60 days you start to build out your prospect list. You will understand our value proposition and become familiar with making pitches, handling inbound inquiries, and working the top end of our sales origination funnel.
- In the first 60-90 days you will have a fairly full prospect list and will begin moving deals toward closing and building your book of business. You will become comfortable with our underwriting criteria and the legal structures we can finance. You will establish a regular cadence of identifying new opportunities and following up on prospects in your funnel.
The hiring process is a two-way street! We want to find someone for whom Mighty is the perfect fit. Please ask us lots of questions to ensure you are learning what you need to learn about us. Here is an overview of how and what we will be assessing throughout the process:
- A screening HR phone interview with our TA Manager to discuss basic HR questions and overview of the role
- An interview with the Hiring Manager for this role to dive deeper into your experience
- Virtual Face-to-Face
- Peer interview with a member of Finance Team to assess skill set baseline, cultural add, and customer focus
- A technical focused interview with one of our Finance Team Members to dig into legal expertise and technical knowledge
- A discussion with our General Counsel
- A conversation with Hiring Manager to review/present the case study and finalize the technical knowledge assessment stressing insurance/industry expertise
- A conversation with Mighty's CEO x Founder, Joshua Schwadron
Compensation: For candidates residing in New York, NY the base compensation range for this role is $90,000-$120,000. This role is also eligible to earn performance-based incentive compensation.
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to a pay range associated with that location.
- Full Benefits - health, vision, and dental
- Stock options
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Flexible paid time off - take time when you need it
- Learning and Development opportunities
- And more!
Head to the CoOp Capital site to learn more.
Something looks off?