Chemical Process Engineer
Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company with offices in Oakland, and Monterrey.
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We’ve raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate with R&D Engineering and Quality to develop process controls during chemical mixing process based on material specifications.
- Provide technical supervision and instructions to process operators.
- Work with R&D Engineering to optimize current material production instructions and standard operating procedures. Develop procedures for new formulations.
- Collaborate with R&D Engineering to improve existing chemical formulations and develop new ones.
- Ensure product quality meets/exceeds industry standards. Implement rigorous testing protocols and aid with investigating the root causes of quality issues.
- Lead evaluation and optimization of mixing technologies to achieve optimal material performance and manufacturability.
- Utilize knowledge of rheology to anticipate and solve challenges related to material behavior during production and handling.
- Continuously monitor and optimize mixing parameters to ensure product consistency and quality.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain team to coordinate supply of raw materials and define raw material quality requirements.
- 10+ years of experience in composite materials.
- Proven track record in material production and process optimization.
- Proficient in relevant software tools and applications.
- Strong knowledge of process engineering, chemical formulation, and material properties.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill complex information into clear communications.
- Demonstrated experience with scaling processes, with an understanding of the impact of scale on unit operations /commercial-scale embodiment /design.
- Knowledge of the modern mixing equipment, and its implementation.
- Fluent english.