Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company with offices in Oakland, and Monterrey.
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We’ve raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for an Equipment Buyer to our Monterrey office.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepare and collect Requests for Qualifications (RFQ), Requests for Information (RFI), and Requests for Proposal (RFP) from vendors.
- Evaluate supplier proposals for completeness, compliance to specs, price, conformance to quality standards and schedule.
- Prepare and present clear and accurate quotation comparison summaries.
- Responsible for creating, issuing, and tracking purchase orders to suppliers for components, equipment, and outside service vendors.
- Arrange for supplier deliveries, including coordination of international shipments.
- Demonstrate proactive problem-solving by identifying potential material shortages, conducting risk assessments, and communicating these risks to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Excellent time management, prioritization and project management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English and Spanish)
- 6+ years of purchasing / supply chain experience
- Proficiency with GSuite tools.
- Familiarity with ERP system
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Ability to understand and interpret contract terms and point out potentially detrimental or one-sided clauses.