Senior GL Accountant US
Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company with offices in Oakland, and Monterrey.
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We’ve raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for you as our Senior Accountant. You will become a partner in our growing finance team, with colleagues in the SF Bay Area (CA), Monterrey (MEX), and future locations. In this role, you will build the Finance function to list readiness over the next few years.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepare monthly journal entries and general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare flux explanations and assist with the monthly reporting package
- Research treatment of complex accounting issues in accordance with US GAAP, document conclusions in audit-ready memos, and present analysis to management
- Assist in the implementation of an ERP system and become the go-to person for all ERP accounting-related tasks
- Maintain and provide annual audit support as requested by internal and external auditors
- Function as a versatile team player with the ability to pick up ad-hoc requests to accommodate our rapid growth
- Bachelor or associate degree in accounting, or in a related specialization
- 7+ years of experience in general ledger accounting, or similar
- Proficiency in accounting and business management software, preferably with NetSuite
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards and regulations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, excellent collaboration and a team player