Head of Treasury Operations
Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company with offices in Oakland, and Monterrey.
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We’ve raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
As Mighty Building’s (“MB”) Head of Treasury Operations, you will take responsibility for
- Treasury Strategy: Proposing, aligning and implementing the most effective strategies for the management of liquidity across MB Inc., the parent company headquartered in the U.S., and its subsidiaries and project companies worldwide (together “MB Group” or the “Company”), jointly with the CFO/ Group Treasurer.
- Cash Forecasting: together with our FP&A team, lead the company’s cash flow forecasting and optimization efforts, with the objective of improving forecast accuracy and predictive capabilities. Assist the FP&A team with the further refinement and maintenance of the Company’s long term financial model.
- Operational Treasury Management & Investments: Day-to-day management of liquidity across MB Group and ensuring that the Company’s liquidity needs are met at all times, debt is optimized and maintained, and FX exposures are properly hedged. Lead working capital optimization initiatives across the company and optimize returns on cash position, in accordance with investments policy. Administration of Company’s credit and debit card products.
- Bank & Lender Relationship Management: Day-to-day management of bank and lender relations across the group. Planning and monitoring of covenant compliance. Planning and monitoring of exposure risks, within company’s risk policies.
- Financing: Support CFO and Investor Relations in the execution of transactions for equity and debt financing, including potential future capital markets transactions (IPO or bond issuances).
- Treasury Risk Management: Developing and implementing a system for the assessment of treasury risks, determination of risk boundaries, and setting of appropriate levels of internal controls, on the basis of a treasury and payments policy.
- Internal Controls: Propose the company’s treasury governance strategy and ensure that an appropriate level of governance exists in all activities related to treasury/payments; develop and maintain policies and procedures related to treasury functions. Ensure compliance with treasury-related SOX controls and requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Skills and knowledge will be trained and developed both on the job, as well as in external training.
- Solid experience in Treasury Operations and/ or treasury related FP&A
- Experience in developing and implementing treasury structures and policies
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets;
- Good working knowledge of financial transactions and corporate financing techniques; some experience in real estate financing can be a plus, but is not required
- Demonstrated ability to identify, quantify and manage financial instruments and market risks as well as counterparty risks
- Strong financial modeling and forecasting skills, including cash flow forecasting
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and financial statement impact of treasury transactions
- Proficiency with ERPs, treasury systems, financial reporting tools, banking platforms, and other applicable software tools
- Effective communication, with an ability to lead and influence direction with those outside immediate reporting control
- Comfortable balancing operational duties with longer-term projects and goals, and working under pressure in an often-dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field required.
- CTP, CPA, CFA, or MBA
- 7-10 years work experience, of which ~5 years of progressive experience in Treasury
- Experience in global capital markets, including foreign exchange risk management, capital structure, and treasury operations
The role of Head of Treasury Operations will work closely with the CFO/ Group Treasurer and should preferably be located at headquarters in Oakland, CA, or in Monterrey, Mexico.