National Care Concierge- Remote, Part-Time
About MD Ally:
Each year, millions of non-emergency calls are made to 911 that decrease ambulance availability, overcrowd EDs, and drive billions in excess costs. MD Ally is a 911 triage & telehealth solution that allows EMS to triage non-emergency patients to virtual care saving limited, emergency services. Our mission is to enable greater connectivity between 911 & the broader healthcare ecosystem.
As a Part-Time Contractual National Care Concierge/Patient Navigator, you will serve as the first point of contact for 9-1-1 patients that are connected to MD Ally. Similar to First Responders and 9-1-1 dispatchers, you will utilize your training and experience to provide a seamless “9-1-1-to-telehealth” experience for MD Ally’s patients. You will be responsible for greeting callers, executing patient intake, and matching the patient with the appropriate care resources.
Preferred candidates will reside in Arizona. Candidates must reside in a state in the PST or MST time zones.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within MD Ally’s proprietary platform to greet callers in real-time as they are referred over from Public Safety partners.
- Greet patients in a compassionate, empathetic, and respectful manner.
- Proactively de-escalate situations involving dissatisfied patients, offering patient assistance and support.
- Use clinical background to perform a secondary triage process that ensures the patient is an appropriate candidate for MD Ally services.
- Collect patient demographic information, medical history, and associated fees for service (co-pays, past due balances, etc.)
- Conducts training for new hires, trainers, and associated staff.
- Coordinate patient follow-up care and referrals to external services; arrange alternative transportation for external services when needed.
- Presents new and creative ways to foster adoption.
- Provides weekly updates to the MD Ally Management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies Required
- 2-4 years experience as a Patient Navigator, Care Coordinator, Care Concierge, Social work, or Call Center Operations
- Experience in high call volumes or call center operations
- Ability to represent MD Ally, Partner, and Telehealth best practices for patients in distress.
- Strong ability to articulate and communicate thoughts and ideas in both written and verbal formats.
- Creative ability to develop new tools, resources, and enhancements that will enhance care coordination.
- Strategic thinking to anticipate client and departmental needs as new changes or updates emerge.
- Ability to share negative news in a constructive and positive fashion.
- Ability to think and work independently.
This job is 100% remote. Preferred candidates will reside in Arizona. Eligible candidates must reside in a state in the PST or MST time zones. Evening and weekend shifts are required, in rotation.
This position works under general supervision. Employee acts independently to handle standard issues.
This position communicates with the MD Ally Management Team and Care Concierges on a regular basis. It also communicates with agency counterparts and other internal departments.
No formal responsibility for supervising others.
MD Ally Values
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of executors to drive the company forward.
- Act Like an Owner -- Look around and take on work that needs to be done. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth.
- Always Be Learning -- We are creating a new vision for the 911 industry. Be adaptable, creative and learn from others and our customers.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Always be upfront and honest with the team and our business partners.
JOB CODE: 1000042
Something looks off?