MRO Supervisor Augusta, Georgia, United States, Full-Time
Who we are:
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies to engineer microbes for the production of specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals.
We are seeking a highly motivated MRO Supervisor who will be responsible for overseeing the Maintenance, Repair, and Operations functions within the MRO Stores Department. Duties performed require knowledge of and an ability to apply purchasing procedures, and scheduling of components, including inventory management utilizing MRP, Excel, SAP, and ad-hoc reporting daily.
This hands-on position requires a desire and ability to work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team, as well as the demonstration of a high degree of flexibility, creativity, and initiative applied to the various duties and aspects of the position. This person will be expected to play an integral part in Manus Bio’s goals to streamline our MRO Stores department and reduce overall working capital needs.
Why work at Manus Bio:
We are a purpose-driven company committed to revitalizing manufacturing in the United States. In this influential role, you will play a key part in our company's success. Your achievements will contribute significantly to Manus Bio's mission of addressing some of the world's most pressing challenges.
- Identify essential components and maintain minimum inventory levels to support maintenance and operations.
- Work closely with purchasing and finance to accurately report inventory control.
- Negotiate and obtain the best value in required goods/services at the best commercial terms.
- Communicate effectively within the organization ensuring managers are aware of the order status of goods.
- Manage supplier relationships & maintain a list of approved vendors, ensuring adequate competition by maintaining multiple providers of materials and services.
- Maintain daily inventory replenishment.
- Manage all MRO inventories. Establish inventory levels for MRO storerooms based on usage history and budgets. Ensure material issue requests are processed, recorded, and staged for delivery.
- Coordinate deliveries with plant personnel.
- Support in updating Bill of Materials (BOMs) for equipment as changes are issued.
- Initiate CAPA and corrective Action Reports (CAR), resolve supplier performance concerns.
- Ensure FIFO inventory rotation; identify and eliminate obsolescent materials.
- Track materials; resolve conflicts with suppliers, customers, and world personnel.
- Actively participate in cycle counts, finance closing, and lean initiatives
- College degree (or equivalent experience) with five (5) year's of experienceÂ in Purchasing, Materials Management, or equivalent.
- Experience with SAP & Microsoft Windows applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must be medically fit to climb stairs and ladders, lift materials, and wear plant safety equipment when required in the plant, including respirators. The physical demands are more than sedentary work, due to inspection of materials.
- Must be physically able to properly lift 44lb containers in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to work overtime or on a flexible schedule.
- Must be self-motivated and able to implement continuous improvement programs and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to function responsibly as part of a team.
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledgeable within ERP systems is a major plus.
- Mechanical maintenance experience.
- APICS/ISM certified.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time, On-site
Employee Status: Permanent