Senior Test Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Wanna Join the Adventure?
Loft Orbital is seeking a Senior Test Engineer to build the processes and tools required to effectively map technical requirements to verification and validation strategies that ensure product quality. In this role, you will be responsible for testing products at various levels, ranging from components to system level, with the added benefit of working on a diverse range of hardware due to Loft's unique business model. You will collaborate closely with design and software teams to contribute to the development of customized ground support equipment, and optimize production and test workflows. Your problem-solving skills will be crucial in troubleshooting and resolving issues related to complex space hardware and equipment.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Design tests, procedures, test articles, controls, instrumentation, and data acquisition systems for electrical and mechanical flight hardware.
- Design and build automated testing systems, tooling and/or ground support equipment (GSE) to optimize production and test workflow.
- Execute and validate test documentation and equipment, then train others to run validated procedures/equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues with hardware and/or equipment, collect and analyze test data, and write/review test reports, flags/non-conformances and other documentation, as required.
- Coordinate test program/scheduling with mission managers, operations personnel and others to meet program budgets/schedules.
- At least 5 years of professional experience within the aerospace manufacturing industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documentation (e.g., electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, CAD models, wire lists)
- Knowledge of requirements management, system design, integration and test functions
- Expertise conducting and/or designing environmental tests such as thermal, thermal vacuum (TVAC), electromagnetic interference (EMI), vibration, shock, acoustic, etc.
- Experience with various testing equipment, instrumentation, standards (e.g., GEVS), and methodologies to include manual and automated testing
- Familiarity with product and quality assurance principles and experienced in generation and disposition of test flags and non-conformance documentation.
- Experience with scripting and automation (e.g., Python, Lua, MATLAB, VBA)
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Prolonged sitting and/or standing
- Will occasionally work with hazardous chemicals and/or tools/equipment (e.g., solvents, hi-pot testers)
- May occasionally require working in uncomfortable positions and/or dangerous environments (e.g., during test setup/teardown inside a thermal chamber)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience developing Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) and/or automated test equipment.
- Experience developing test plans and system-level requirements derivation and allocation
- Experience performing certification testing for various certification organizations (e.g. FAA, NASA, DoD)
- Ability to support nights and weekends as required
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for birthing parents and 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?