Accounting & Finance
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Wanna Join the Adventure?
We are seeking a temporary senior accountant to cover a maternity leave within our accounting team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the company's financial records and supporting the preparation of financial statements.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Manage the month-end and year-end closing processes, including reconciling accounts, preparing journal entries, and ensuring timely and accurate reporting of financial results
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, policies, and procedures
- Assist with the close process, put together reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Partner with the corporate controller and FP&A to prepare monthly variance analysis
- Review and approve employee reimbursement reports
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum 4 years of experience in progressive accounting roles
- Strong familiarity with Excel, preferred familiarity with our software stack (NetSuite, Slack)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for birthing parents and 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming
- benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?