Manager, Account Sales
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
Loadsmart is a growth-stage start-up technology company valued at over $1 billion (a true Tech Unicorn)!
We are looking for a driven Manager, Account Sales who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced global company. You will be focusing on growing our market share with SMB to Mid-Market shippers with a team of hungry sales reps focusing on growing month over month. You will collaborate and work closely with our other Account Sales Managers and be responsible for leading a team of 6+ Loadies.
DEPARTMENT: Sales- Account Sales
LOCATION: HQ Chicago/IL, hybrid 4 days a week at the office
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Manage and develop a team of account sales representatives to ensure individual and company sales targets are achieved
- Aggressively drive a high level of sales outreach (via phone, email, and other applicable campaigns) primarily focused on acquiring, onboarding, and retaining new customers in Loadsmart’s network
- Assist with lead generation and initial sales pitches to successfully onboard new customers into the network, including cross-selling additional services and product lines
- Plan and structure the team’s daily activities to drive efficiency and optimal output
- Strengthen account sales representatives' knowledge of the freight market, overcome customer objections, and assist with pricing and rate negotiations where needed
- Bring daily energy and get the job-done attitude to the sales floor
- Collaborate with cross-functional and leadership teams to deliver a superior customer experience
- Conduct quarterly and annual performance reviews in order to set your representatives up for success and ensure individual goals are being met and exceeded.
- 3+ years of sales leadership experience in the logistics or 3PL industry
- Ability to manage a growing team in a fast-paced environment and with aggressive quota targets
- Enthusiasm and willingness to grow new sales teams from the ground up
- Energetic sales leader with a positive presence and get-the-job-done mentality
- Hands-on management style with strong truckload market experience
- Proven ability to effectively negotiate and overcome customer objections
- Practical understanding of TMS Software and other software tools (Salesforce)
- Ability to effectively communicate difficult conversations with reps
- Worked up their way to a manager from an entry-level position
* Due to position requirements, this position cannot be performed in New York City or the states of Colorado, Washington, or California.
WORKING AT LOADSMART
• Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
• Extremely competitive Equity package - become a shareholder in our company!
• Loadie Time Off - PTO and sick days without a limit
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (US applied)
• 401k Match
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of Loadsmart that all offers of employment made shall be contingent upon successful completion of electronic background check(s). These checks will be job-related, consistent with business necessity and conducted by our vendor, pursuant to all applicable laws, rules, policies and procedures of our candidates' specific locale.