Business Development Manager (Outside Sales)
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
Loadsmart is a growth-stage start-up technology company valued at over $1 billion (a true Tech Unicorn)!
We are adding a Business Development Manager to continue to fuel our growth by accelerating the acquisition of new shippers and continuing to build out the product offering. In this role, you will act as a subject matter expert in working closely with your customers and Loadsmart operations teams to drive results. You will help target and close shippers, both transactional and contract while educating shippers on the Loadsmart Advantage.
As a Business Development Manager, this role will help grow the Loadsmart customer base through prior industry relationships and new account acquisitions. This role will require strong autonomy and being a self-starter to drive new business acquisition and build long-lasting customer relationships. You will obsess about building a best-in-class customer experience that can scale with aggressive revenue targets and collaborate with your dedicated customer operations team to provide a positive customer experience. You will create a new territory of sales results and help educate shippers and sales reps alike on Loadsmart’s product offerings.
DEPARTMENT: Account Sales
LOCATION: Anywhere in the US with regular travel to meet prospects and clients
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Actively prospect new business opportunities with high-volume outreach via cold calls, email, LinkedIn, and on-site or virtual meetings to build a pipeline of customers to sell LTL, FTL, Intermodal, and other logistics services
- Actively manage existing clients to increase bookings, margins, and customer satisfaction
- Introduce and acquire new shippers into the network leveraging prior industry relationships and connections
- Open new business opportunities and facilitate introductions to key decision-makers
- Build comprehensive sales pipeline to qualify and close transactional and customer specific pricing (CSP) opportunities
- Partner with dedicated customer operations team to provide best-in-class customer experience
- Participate in customer business reviews to improve service levels and expand share of wallet to develop lasting customer partnerships
- Act as the subject matter expert to educate customers on transportation best practices, selling tactics, terminology and troubleshooting
- Become a subject matter expert on our business, including processes, operations, the competitive landscape, and remaining up-to-date on industry news. Insightfully evaluate Loadsmart’s current product offerings and roadmap. Actively share customer feedback and your own observations with Loadsmart Product and Engineering teams to enhance value for your customers
- Evaluate existing shipper network and proactively identify tactics and strategies to drive recurring booking activity
- 3+ years of LTL sales experience, ideally from an LTL asset carrier or freight brokerage space
- Demonstrated experience selling LTL and Truckload services to secure transactional and CSP contracts
- Experience with cross-selling new products and services (Truckload, Flatbed, Drayage, Managed Trans)
- Strategic mindset with a proven track record of delivering results
- Strong relationship skills and ability to have difficult conversations
- Demonstrate sales methodologies and influencing skills; ability to negotiate and build strong business relationships
- Experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred; using a CRM is paramount to this role
- Availability to regular travel to customers
* Due to position requirements, this position cannot be performed in New York City or the states of Colorado, Washington, or California.
WORKING AT LOADSMART
• Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
• Extremely competitive Equity package - become a shareholder in our company!
• Loadie Time Off - PTO and sick days without a limit
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (US applied)
• 401k Match
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of Loadsmart that all offers of employment made shall be contingent upon successful completion of electronic background check(s). These checks will be job-related, consistent with business necessity and conducted by our vendor, pursuant to all applicable laws, rules, policies and procedures of our candidates' specific locale.