Chicago, IL, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
Loadsmart is a growth-stage start-up technology company valued at over $1 billion (a true Tech Unicorn)!
We are looking to add a detail-oriented Logistics Planner to optimize our freight decision-making through daily execution. We are seeking a tenacious, self-starting, and solutions-focused candidate with a continuous improvement mindset to help our managed transportation customers navigate their unique supply chain challenges.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with customer stakeholders to ensure information is flowing properly and efficiently so transportation can be planned and executed to properly support their business needs. Where processes need enhancement, you’ll collaborate with peers who are skilled operators to create and implement solutions to streamline processes for our customers.
DEPARTMENT: Sales - Shipper Solutions
LOCATION: This position can be remote anywhere in the US (or in offices in Chicago); the expectation is this role will generally work during Central business hours as Chicago is HQ.
What you get to do: 7 Key Areas
- Build and validate daily load plan leveraging proprietary technology
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders at shipping locations to facilitate effective communication and execution
- Work daily within the Transportation Management System (TMS) for scheduling, tracking & trace, high-level reporting, and analytic
- Determine the optimal mode of transportation based on load characteristics, transit times, and required delivery dates
- Serve as the initial point of escalation for service delivery issues and escalate as appropriate to the internal stakeholder(s)
- Resolve escalated pick-up and delivery issues and follow up with ongoing communication
- Escalate recurring service failures to management for corrective action
You have experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in logistics or third party brokerage operations
- Domestic transportation experience and knowledge of
- Working with customers to support their business needs
- A clear understanding of North American transportation and different modes
- Knowledge of/and working within a Transportation Management System
* Due to position requirements, this position cannot be performed in New York City or the states of Colorado, Washington, or California.
WORKING AT LOADSMART
• Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
• Extremely competitive Equity package - become a shareholder in our company!
• Loadie Time Off - Flexible PTO and sick days
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (US applied)
• 401k Match
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of Loadsmart that all offers of employment made shall be contingent upon successful completion of electronic background check(s). These checks will be job-related, consistent with business necessity and conducted by our vendor, pursuant to all applicable laws, rules, policies and procedures of our candidates' specific locale.
See more open positions at Loadsmart
Something looks off?