Solutions Sales Director
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
Loadsmart is a growth-stage start-up technology company valued at over $1 billion (a true Tech Unicorn)!
We are adding Solution Sales Director to continue to fuel our growth by accelerating the acquisition of new customers.
If so, nice to meet you! We are Loadsmart and we are adding Solution Sales Directors to continue to fuel our growth by accelerating the acquisition of new customers. The Solution Sales Director is responsible for driving new business growth within the Loadsmart Shipper Solutions Group.
This position is an individual contributor role, however, it requires strong matrixed collaboration skills to work across all products and services divisions and departments, Shipper Solutions team as well as to partner closely with our marketing, partner sales, and product teams. You will obsess about delighting our customers to achieve breakout revenue growth. You will create a culture of sales success and lead by example.
DEPARTMENT: Sales: Managed Transportation
LOCATION: Anywhere in the US with regular travel to meet prospects and clients
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Point person to acquire new small to medium, mid-market, and enterprise shippers through execution of complex entire sales cycle, from customer meeting to closing consultative partnership, you have control and build the relationships
- Field, assess, and propose new shipper solutions opportunities
- Regular review of active customer list to upsell services
- Streamline communication between the Customer, Sales, and Shipper Solutions Team
- Develop and present a formal Shipper Solutions proposal to the customer’s leadership team
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms
- Keep high-level communication with customer leadership as necessary
- Report weekly on opportunities statuses and pipeline updates to Shipper Solutions leadership
- Manage the effective communication and handoff from sales to implementations
- Support the post-sale implementation journey
- Past experience selling into mid-market with annual freight spend between 5 million and 50 million US dollars.
- 5+ years of direct B2B solutions sales experience at a third-party logistics (3PL), managed transportation and/or logistics services provider (LSP).
- Ability to retain relationships and continue to work account to grow wallet share
- Proven aptitude for managing pipelines, forecasting, territory planning, daily/weekly check-ins, and sales KPIs
- Strong understanding of sales methodologies and influencing skills; ability to negotiate and build strong business relationships internally and externally.
- A comprehensive understanding of the function of logistics and supply chain technologies including TMSs, WMSs, OMS, ERPs and/or integrations
- Experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred; using a CRM is paramount to this role
* Due to position requirements, this position cannot be performed in New York City or the states of Colorado, Washington, or California.
WORKING AT LOADSMART
• Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
• Extremely competitive Equity package - become a shareholder in our company!
• Loadie Time Off - PTO and sick days without a limit
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (US applied)
• 401k Match
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of Loadsmart that all offers of employment made shall be contingent upon successful completion of electronic background check(s). These checks will be job-related, consistent with business necessity and conducted by our vendor, pursuant to all applicable laws, rules, policies and procedures of our candidates' specific locale.