Vice President of Enterprise Business Development
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2022
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
Loadsmart is a growth-stage start-up technology company valued at over $1 billion (a true Tech Unicorn)!
We are looking to add an ambitious Vice President of Enterprise Business Development to our logistics team! We are seeking someone skilled in cross-team collaboration to work with our enterprise account, operations, marketing, partner sales and product teams. You will obsess about delighting our customers to achieve breakout revenue growth, and strive to create a culture of sales success through leading by example.
We are looking for a logistics seller who can call on large enterprise shippers at the highest levels and get them signed, shipping and integrated with us. In this individual contributor role you will target Fortune 1000 shippers, communicate our value proposition and close new logos.
DEPARTMENT: Sales - Enterprise Sales
LOCATION: Remote US
Job Type: Exempt
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Acquire new large enterprise shippers through execution of complex entire sales cycle, from customer meeting to closing consultative partnership
- Initiate and execute strategic onboarding plans, including expected freight volumes over first 90 days, with internal stakeholders and key decision makers at customer
- Establish and implement selling strategies for spot and contract business in collaboration with pricing and operations teams
- Cross sell additional logistics services and product offerings, including quote & book integrations and other digital solutions
- Coordinate with other Loadsmart subject matter experts to help close business when appropriate
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions with shippers and escalate redlines to legal
- Collaborate with assigned account directors and sales leadership team to deliver exceptional customer experience
- Assist with customer business reviews, attend face to face meetings and other applicable tradeshows and events to keep Loadsmart top of mind in the market
- Leverage sales tools for prospecting and pipeline management.
- 7 to 10 years freight brokerage experience, ideally with managing a portfolio of enterprise shippers
- Proven aptitude for managing pipelines, forecasting and account planning, weekly check-ins and achieving sales KPIs
- Experience with growing wallet share and upselling new products and services
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to have difficult conversations
- Demonstrate sales methodologies and influencing skills; ability to negotiate and build strong business relationships internally and externally
- A comprehensive understanding of the function of TMS and/or integrations
- Experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred; using a CRM is paramount to this role.
* Due to position requirements, this position cannot be performed in New York City or the states of Colorado, Washington, or California.
WORKING AT LOADSMART
• Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
• Extremely competitive Equity package - become a shareholder in our company!
• Loadie Time Off - PTO and sick days without a limit
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (US applied)
• 401k Match
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of Loadsmart that all offers of employment made shall be contingent upon successful completion of electronic background check(s). These checks will be job-related, consistent with business necessity and conducted by our vendor, pursuant to all applicable laws, rules, policies and procedures of our candidates' specific locale.
See more open positions at Loadsmart
Something looks off?