Staff Vehicle Test Engineer
Broomfield, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
At Lightship, we are revolutionizing the future of RVing, and we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Staff Vehicle Test Engineer to join our dynamic team in Broomfield, CO. As a critical member of our test engineering team, you will play a crucial role in the development and validation of all vehicle systems on our purpose-built electric RV.
- Own the design, development, and execution of comprehensive vehicle testing programs, including product and requirements validation, durability, and reliability testing
- Create and lead the execution of system integration plans to validate interactions between sub-systems at the vehicle-level throughout the development process
- Manage vehicle test program scheduling and resource allocation to ensure efficient and prompt execution.
- Work in partnership with a small team of engineering technicians to complete testing activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design, engineering, and manufacturing, to define test requirements, develop test plans, and execute tests effectively
- Utilize test equipment, sensors, instrumentation techniques and software for vehicle-level data acquisition and analysis
- Analyze and interpret data and results to identify product issues, and provide actionable recommendations to cross-functional teams to drive product improvement
- Drive continuous improvement in testing methodologies, processes, and tools to optimize efficiency and effectiveness
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in component or vehicle-level testing. Direct experience with electric vehicles is a plus.
- Enthusiastic about designing and executing validation, durability, and reliability testing programs for vehicles.
- Extensive knowledge of sensing techniques and data acquisition systems
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle systems, including powertrain, chassis, electrical, and safety systems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve project goals.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot issues during testing.
- Strong communication and documentation skills to report test results, findings, and recommendations effectively.
- Comfortable learning to tow a 27ft travel trailer (we will help train you!)
Lightship compensation consists of the yearly salary above plus equity, which gives you a stake in the company.
Employee Benefits & Philosophy - Applies to Full Time
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.
Most roles at Lightship require onsite work from our offices Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, though some roles may require all days in office. Speak to the hiring manager to learn more.