Broomfield, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
As a Material Handler at Lightship, you will play a critical role in the smooth and efficient operation of our manufacturing facility. You will be responsible for handling and managing materials used in the vehicle assembly process, ensuring the availability of materials and supplies at all times. Your primary focus will be on maintaining accurate inventory records electronically, transporting materials between work stations, and facilitating the overall flow of materials within the facility.
Day shift will start at 7am and finish at 4pm each day with two 15 min breaks and an hour lunch.
- Unload, unpack, and organize materials in designated storage areas, using proper handling techniques to prevent damage or loss.
- Maintain electronic tracking systems or ERP using spreadsheets or other designated processes
- Maintain fork truck checks and maintenance procedures
- Prepare materials for production by accurately measuring and weighing the required quantities.
- Transport materials between production areas, utilizing hand trucks, forklifts, or other appropriate equipment while adhering to safety protocols.
- Maintain accurate inventory records by conducting regular cycle counts, reconciling discrepancies
- Monitor and report low stock levels to the appropriate personnel.
- Identify and report any quality or safety issues related to materials, equipment, or processes to supervisors.
- Follow 5S and maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations, including the proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Work with other manufacturing and engineering in maintaining an efficient materials flow.
- Some manufacturing and workstation assembly work as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional technical or vocational training is a plus.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment, including forklifts and pallet jacks, while adhering to safety guidelines and protocols.
- Proven experience as a Material Handler or in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of material handling practices, including safe lifting and proper storage techniques.
- Familiarity with inventory management systems and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in maintaining inventory records.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with team members and other departments.
- Ability to perform simple math functions.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and reach to access materials and storage areas.
- Ability to receive, comprehend, and utilize required training from OSHA and the company
- Ability to perform moderate lifting in a safe manner, including the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to move about all areas of the plant, including uneven surfaces.
Compensation depends on experience and skills.
Employee Benefits & Philosophy - Applies to Full Time
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.
Most roles at Lightship require onsite work from our offices Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, though some roles may require all days in office. Speak to the hiring manager to learn more.