Boulder, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
Lightship is seeking a Digital Surfacing Manager. This person oversees the development of Class A surfaces, works with the Head of Creative and design team to establish overall work schedules, priorities and resource allocations for Class A surface projects for exterior and/or interior concept and production vehicle design utilizing Alias software. This role also acts as the main point of contact for exporting design surfaces into Catia, ensuring the proper packaging of components with engineering input, and is key to ensuring that engineering and design are always fully integrated with the latest data.
- 8+ years of experience working within a design team.
- Expert at creating high quality surfaces.
- Automotive or other vehicle related surfacing experience.
- Automotive or other vehicle related engineering experience.
- The ability to be a team player, work well in ambiguity and be respectful of others.
- Represent the design team and / or company in a professional manner both internally and externally.
- Prioritizes multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to establish efficient processes.
- Strong written and visual communication skills.
- Detail oriented, with scrupulous and intelligent file management while collaborating with other team members, including non-designers.
Employee Benefits & Philosophy
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.