Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and global family-building benefits provider for employers offering the full-spectrum of reproductive care from preconception to postpartum through menopause. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for 127 leading employers, covering more than 2.7 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all. Kindbody has raised $315 million in funding from leading investors.
Founded in 2018, CB Insights recognized Kindbody as one of the world’s promising health companies. Kindbody was named to Inc.’s Best In Business list of most admired companies, Forbes Best Startup Employers, Fast Company’s Brands that Matter, 2023 Linkedin Top 50 Startups list, and Fierce Healthcare named Kindbody to its Fierce 15 list of 2022, which recognizes the most promising healthcare companies in the industry world. Kindbody was named to the 2023 CNBC Disruptor 50 list for revolutionizing the way fertility care is delivered in the U.S.
About the Role
As an experienced Patient Financial Navigator, you will work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. We are looking for a dedicated Patient Financial Navigator to join our team to coordinate the financial aspects of the patient's care. This role will have a large emphasis on customer relations - you must be comfortable interacting, communicating, and working directly with patients.. This role is a full time, remote.
- Manage assigned patients' financial matters throughout their Fertility Journey
- Ensures that patients are well educated about the financial and insurance aspects of their care
- Conduct patient financial consultations to review and answer questions related to financial policies and requirements
- Verify eligibility and patient responsibility accumulations
- Update patient accounts, including verification of insurance coverage and changes in patient information, with appropriate documentation.
- Manage inbound customer communication (phone and portal) and ensure all messages are answered in a timely fashion
- Provide patient financial information
- Provide self-pay pricing, review financial agreements, and collect cycle pre-payments.
- Review and approve loan payments from outside lending companies
- Determine insurance patient responsibility amounts and collect cycle prepayments
- Patient follow-up to ensure payment of outstanding co-payments, balances, coinsurance, etc.
- Maintain the highest degree of ethics when handling patient payments and bill processing
- Identify the need for and submit any pre-authorizations
- Review medical records for required information related to authorization requirements
- Have an understanding of the coverage requirements for each payer
- Submit the medical records to the payer in the manner required by the payer.
- Continued management of all authorizations submitted and ensuring timely response is received from the ins payor
- Communicate to the clinic about pre-authorization requirements and any updates
- Inform patients on any prior authorization approvals or denials and the next step
- Customer Service
- Serve as a Patient Advocate when patients have difficulty navigating with their insurance company
- Respond to patient calls/correspondence regarding billing questions, financial policies, claims submission
- Respond to a high volume of telephone inquiries in a positive and professional manner
- Ensure resolution and follow-up on all issues within designated timeframes.
- Maintain positive relationships and clear communication with assigned Provider, Nurse and Clinic Manager to assist in moving patients through treatment.
- Meet positional metrics and benchmarks.
- Follow all department standard operating procedures carefully and accurately
- Other duties as assigned by teammates include direct Manager, Associate Director, and/or Director.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree
- 3+ years of healthcare front reception verification of benefits, prior authorization, and/or financial navigation experience in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
- Fertility clinic experience is a plus
- A passion for women’s health and fertility is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills & a team player
- Willingness to be flexible, roll with the punches, multi-task, and troubleshoot problems
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exemplifies amazing customer service skills and professionalism
- Experience in insurance verification of benefits and familiarity with medical terminology
Perks and Benefits
Compensation Range: $24.00-$26.00
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; free monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company. As this is a remote position, the requirement would not apply.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.