Sr. Director, Clinical Excellence
Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and global family-building benefits provider for employers offering the full-spectrum of reproductive care from preconception to postpartum through menopause. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for 127 leading employers, covering more than 2.7 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all. Kindbody has raised $315 million in funding from leading investors.
Founded in 2018, CB Insights recognized Kindbody as one of the world’s promising health companies. Kindbody was named to Inc.’s Best In Business list of most admired companies, Forbes Best Startup Employers, Fast Company’s Brands that Matter, 2023 Linkedin Top 50 Startups list, and Fierce Healthcare named Kindbody to its Fierce 15 list of 2022, which recognizes the most promising healthcare companies in the industry world. Kindbody was named to the 2023 CNBC Disruptor 50 list for revolutionizing the way fertility care is delivered in the U.S.
About the Role
As an experienced Senior Director of Clinical Excellence, one will be responsible for providing support to multiple clinics throughout the country. This position will report to the SVP of Clinical Excellence, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. This role is a full-time remote position with travel to clinics as needed (approximately 25%).
- Provide leadership and oversight of clinical operations
- Promote positive healthcare experience and shorter times to treatment
- Report monthly Clinical KPI; driving clinical excellence to improve equity of care and patient engagement
- Utilize clinic managers/ area clinic managers to ensure that Anticipated Lists are updated and accurate
- Collaborate with legal, learning and development teams, clinical development, customer success, and compliance teams to promote clinical excellence in markets
- Have visibility into incident reports in assigned markets
- Ensure clinics are up to date on Quad A regulations
- Provide support when needed for inspections (QuadA, FDA, Tissue Bank, etc)
- Interface with the Customer Success team regarding NPS scores and patient feedback.
- Patient escalations (clinical)
- Collaborate with the clinical development team to implement and execute Kindways
- Coach area clinical managers/clinic managers/lead with process integration and policy rollouts
- Collaborate with the learning and development team to streamline training for nurses, MAs, and sonographers (as needed)
- Develop and continuously evaluate staffing models in conjunction with clinical excellence and operations leaders
- Oversee Area Clinic Managers, including evaluation of performance, KPIs, training, goal setting, hiring/firing, and PTO approval
- Oversee Clinical Managers and support staff where no area clinical manager is hired
- Oversee staffing and People team issues
- Interviewing clinic staff when necessary
- Collaborate with the EMR team for clinic integration, updates, and process improvement.
- Oversee nursing on-call system and contracts in conjunction with IT and third-party vendors
- Interface with Lab Leadership and Regional Operations Director regarding clinic operations
- Guide area managers to coordinate batching calendars and lab closures in conjunction with medical and lab directors
- Collaborate with the Senior Clinic Manager for clinical schedules, assignments, team meetings, and overall clinical processes.
- Lead weekly company-wide Kindnurse meetings providing company-wide initiatives and new operational flows in collaboration with the clinical education team
- Collaboration with operation on new clinic openings and hiring of new clinic staff
- Ensure support and training of all new clinics
- Collaborate with operations and lab operations to ensure all vendors, workflows, policies, and procedures are aligned with the kindWAYS and Kinbody practices.
Clinical Management Responsibilities
- Oversee a team of nurses, medical assistants, and sonographers, the clinical team across several locations, to ensure they are meeting their day-to-day responsibilities if needed
- Mentor with leads in clinical areas to help oversee clinical teams when applicable
- Provide regular feedback to nurses, medical assistants, and sonographers on performance
- Help execute an onboarding program for the clinical team. The onboarding role involves but is not limited to, executing training materials, training in all nursing SOPs, training on the process for the documentation, and shadowing/coaching in collaboration with the clinical training team.
- Work with customer success leadership to ensure answering all clinical customer questions utilizing the clinical team.
- Give feedback on annual reviews and goal setting for clinical support staff
- Ensure MAs are trained and communicated to in regard to patient coordination roles
- Ensure Sonographers are trained and communicated to in regard to patient coordination roles
- Educate patients on infertility evaluations, medications, treatment protocols and procedures
- Work with nurses to oversee patients’ cycling process - injection training, consent reviews, medication questions, and answer general process questions throughout the cycle
- Ensuring that all clinical staff is following clinical excellence workflows
- Ensure all patient information is documented appropriately in our EMR according to our procedures
- Establish clinical review meetings daily and train staff on Kindways for clinical review and patient engagement
- Manage patient engagement lists are executed for all locations by holding regular meetings with appropriate clinical staff to ensure coordination is being handled
- Oversee clinical staff (RN, MA, Sonographers) schedules to ensure there is appropriate in-office support, cross-team collaboration, patient recovery support, and 24/7 customer support by team members if needed.
- Provide coverage when needed for the market nursing team
Who You Are
- 7+ years prior management or leadership experience as a nurse in a fertility or women’s health
- BSN, MSN/MS highly preferred
- Current Registered Nurse License
- BLS and ACLS Certification
- Experienced in EMR and G-Suite
- Aptitude for resolving administrative issues and conflicts
- In depth knowledge of clinical policies and regulations
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Exemplifies strong customer service skills and professionalism
Perks and Benefits
Compensation Range: $150,000-$170,000 (based on education and experience)
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.