Vice President, Managed Care Contracting
Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and global family-building benefits provider for employers offering the full-spectrum of reproductive care from preconception to postpartum through menopause. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for 127 leading employers, covering more than 2.7 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all. Kindbody has raised $315 million in funding from leading investors.
Founded in 2018, CB Insights recognized Kindbody as one of the world’s promising health companies. Kindbody was named to Inc.’s Best In Business list of most admired companies, Forbes Best Startup Employers, Fast Company’s Brands that Matter, 2023 Linkedin Top 50 Startups list, and Fierce Healthcare named Kindbody to its Fierce 15 list of 2022, which recognizes the most promising healthcare companies in the industry world. Kindbody was named to the 2023 CNBC Disruptor 50 list for revolutionizing the way fertility care is delivered in the U.S.
About the Role
As the VP, Managed Care Contracting position reporting to our SVP, Revenue and Network Strategy, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. This role is Full Time hybrid remote position (90% Remote, 10% Office (HQ) or Travel as needed). HQ is located in New York City.
- The oversight, negotiation, and strategic direction of KB clinics fee-for-service managed care contracts and their implementation.
- Develop processes and manage implementation and ongoing management of completed contracts, including identification and tracking of critical contract and renewal dates, ensuring that proper scanning, recording and filing of contract documents occurs, oversee dissemination and communication of information to internal constituents and education on new /revised terms.
- Monitor contract performance regarding financial performance, payment integrity, and compliance with contract terms and key performance indicators.
- Monitoring payer activity with respect to network development, product strategies, payment policies and other relevant market intelligence.
- Oversee payer relationships with a focus on promoting proactive, professional and collaborative relationships, problem resolution and avoidance of future issues whenever possible.
- Recommend contract management tools for KB to enhance and streamline contracting process.
- Work collaboratively with various KB clinical operating units, and support areas such as patient access, central billing offices, revenue cycle, and medical management areas to improve functions across departments and with payers.
- Prepare and provide training materials and tools for use by KB providers and staff regarding key managed care contract provisions, market trends and opportunities for improvement in support of facility goals and objectives.
- Proactively communicate and educate KB clinical operational areas regarding contract changes, policy updates, etc. to ensure KB staff have information needed to successfully implement and operationalize agreements.
Who You Are
- Master’s degree in healthcare finance or business, or a minimum of 10 years of managed care contracting experience within a health system or large medical group and reimbursement analysis in either a provider or payer setting.
- Extensive knowledge, experience and expertise in managed care contracting negotiations, language, modeling analytics, reimbursement methodologies for hospitals, physicians and ancillary providers, shared shavings and risk contracting, managed care regulations and quality/shared savings program metrics and methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Excel (including advanced spreadsheet and formula manipulation), as well as in Word and PowerPoint. Access skills preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated skills in attention to detail, superior project management, implementation and analytical ability as well as the ability to coordinate and lead activities using a collaborative and team approach.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and perform independently under tight deadlines with a focus on effective implementation, clear and consistent communication and follow-up.
Perks and Benefits
Compensation Range: $160,000- $195,500 (dependent on years of experience and education)
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; equity offering, monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.