Senior Director of Information Systems
Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and global family-building benefits provider for employers offering the full-spectrum of reproductive care from preconception to postpartum through menopause. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for 127 leading employers, covering more than 2.7 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all. Kindbody has raised $315 million in funding from leading investors.
Founded in 2018, CB Insights recognized Kindbody as one of the world’s promising health companies. Kindbody was named to Inc.’s Best In Business list of most admired companies, Forbes Best Startup Employers, Fast Company’s Brands that Matter, 2023 Linkedin Top 50 Startups list, and Fierce Healthcare named Kindbody to its Fierce 15 list of 2022, which recognizes the most promising healthcare companies in the industry world. Kindbody was named to the 2023 CNBC Disruptor 50 list for revolutionizing the way fertility care is delivered in the U.S.
About the Role
The Senior Director of Information Systems serves as the leader for the technology infrastructure at Kindbody, with 30+ clinics located throughout the United States. The Senior Director of IT with a deep understanding of cloud technologies, especially AWS, to lead our technology department. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with a range of cloud platforms and services, as well as extensive knowledge in other IT areas such as Google Workspace, Meraki, and Apple ecosystems. They should also innovate systems and technology, and advance best practices. They will report to the SVP, of Information Systems.
The Senior Director of Information Systems will need a comprehensive understanding of healthcare IS and anticipate the impact of these tools on the delivery of patient care. The Senior Director of Information Systems will create a secure IS environment, support a remote workforce and mobile worksites, manage a fully outsourced cloud environment, and build all necessary protocols. They will need to understand applications for business and clinical operations, and integrations/automation to optimize business and clinical workflows and decision making.
This role is a FULL TIME position working remotely. Must be US-based. Some travel to our various clinic and office locations may be required.
Strategic Cloud Leadership
- Oversee the design and implementation of cloud strategies tailored to business needs, focusing primarily on AWS.
- Ensure the reliability, security, and optimal performance of cloud-based solutions.
- Remain current on industry trends and innovations, particularly within AWS, to ensure our company is leveraging the latest technology and best practices.
AWS Services Management
- Lead the integration and deployment of key AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, Route 53, Kubernetes, WAF, KMS, CloudFormation, IAM, SNS, SMS, GurardDuty, and others.
- Monitor and manage costs associated with AWS services and resources.
- Establish best practices for AWS service utilization and architecture.
Google Workspace Management
- Oversee the administration, deployment, and integration of Google Workspace tools, ensuring seamless collaboration across teams.
- Ensure data security and compliance within the Google ecosystem.
Meraki Network Solutions
- Manage and optimize our Meraki network infrastructure, ensuring stability, security, and high performance for all users.
- Collaborate with security teams to enhance network security through Meraki solutions.
Team Leadership and Management
- Build, mentor, and lead a high-performing IT team, promoting a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Oversee project management, ensuring timelines are met, and projects are executed successfully.
- Work closely with department heads and senior management to understand their IT needs and implement solutions that align with company objectives.
- Ensure that IT strategies and services provide tangible business value.
Organizational Adherence: Complies with organizational policies and procedures.
Supporting Organizational Values: Supports and implements the organization's vision, mission, and values.
Handling Sensitive Information: Uses discretion and judgment in handling sensitive or confidential information.
Decision-making: Understands which decisions can be made alone and which need to involve others.
Flexibility in Hours: Willing and able to work after-hours and on weekends from time to time when critical projects or security and technology incidents require such a schedule.
Additional Responsibilities: Performs other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- 10+ years of systems development experience with five years of management experience required.
- Experience with organizations that IPO or are publicly traded.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Experience managing clinic-based healthcare organizations is preferred.
- Proven expertise with AWS services and cloud-based solutions.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Must be US-based
Perks and Benefits
Compensation Range : $145,000-$178,000 (dependent on years of experience and education)
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; free Peloton membership, monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.