VP of Customer Experience & Call Center Operations
Kindbody is a leading fertility and family-building benefits provider for employers offering comprehensive virtual and in-person care.
Kindbody's clinically managed program includes fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as physical, mental, and emotional support from preconception through postpartum. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for more than 80 employers, covering more than 450,000 lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all.
Kindbody has raised $150 million in funding from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, GV (formerly Google Ventures), RRE Capital, Claritas Health Ventures, Rock Springs Capital, NFP Ventures, and TQ Ventures. Visit www.kindbody.com. and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin.
About the Role
As our VP of Customer Experience & Call Center Operations, reporting to our Chief Innovation Officer, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. This role is a full-time position located at our NYC Headquarters or Remote.
You will be responsible for leading a team of 30+ call center representatives, ensuring they provide excellent phone-based support and customer service to our patients. This role requires an individual with exceptional phone etiquette, healthcare industry experience (as it relates to patient acquisition), and experience working across various time zones. You will also be responsible for training staff on confirming insurance eligibility.
- Team Leadership: Manage and lead a team of 30+ call center representatives, including setting performance expectations, providing coaching and feedback, and fostering a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Customer Acquisition Focused: You are sales driven, and understand that a key part of your team’s role is customer/patient acquisition and driving net-new patient visits.
- Phone Etiquette Champion: Uphold and model exceptional phone etiquette to provide an outstanding customer experience during all interactions with patients, ensuring professionalism, empathy, and active listening.
- Familiarity with Healthcare (Preferred): Utilize your knowledge of medical clinics, healthcare procedures, and/or insurance practices to provide accurate and reliable information to patients/customers.
- Cross-Time Zone Operations: Coordinate and manage call center operations across different time zones to ensure round-the-clock coverage for our patients.
- Training and Development: Develop and implement training programs to continuously improve the skills and knowledge of call center representatives, ensuring they stay updated with the latest industry standards and guidelines.
- Insurance Eligibility Confirmation: Oversee the process of confirming insurance eligibility, working closely with insurance providers to streamline the process and minimize patient inconvenience.
- Performance Monitoring: Monitor call center performance metrics, analyze data, and make data-driven decisions to optimize efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Conflict Resolution: Act as a point of escalation for handling complex customer issues and complaints, working to resolve them effectively and efficiently.
- Quality Assurance: Implement quality assurance programs to ensure that each call center representative meets or exceeds the company's standards for customer service and professionalism.
- Compliance: Ensure that all operations are conducted in compliance with healthcare regulations, company policies, and industry standards.
Who You Are
- Minimum of 8 years of proven experience leading large call center teams, ideally in the healthcare or medical industry.
- Exceptional phone etiquette and customer service skills.
- Extensive knowledge of medical clinics, healthcare practices, and insurance procedures.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working with healthcare providers and insurance companies.
- Strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively across different time zones.
- Knowledge of call center technologies and software.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (preferred).
If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for providing exceptional customer service, and you have the experience and skills necessary to lead a large call center in the healthcare industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join us at KindBody and make a significant impact on patient care and satisfaction.
Perks and Benefits
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; equity offering, monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.