Director, Data & Analytics
Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and family-building benefits provider for employers offering comprehensive virtual and in-person care. Kindbody's clinically managed program includes fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as physical, mental, and emotional support from preconception through postpartum. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for more than 90 employers, covering more than 2.4 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all. Kindbody has raised $154 million in funding from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, GV (formerly Google Ventures), RRE Capital, Claritas Health Ventures, Rock Springs Capital, NFP Ventures, and TQ Ventures.
About the Role
Reporting to the CTO, the Director of Data and Analytics should be comfortable with managing systems and projects in a national IT environment. This role will manage all corporate data repositories, connections, reporting tools, and any production reporting systems. The candidate for this role should have deep experience in Data visualization, Big data aggregators, and modern AI approaches that identify trends or discover predictive/prescriptive models to drive data driven decision making. The role will also manage processes for collecting, aggregating, matching, consolidating, quality-assuring, and distributing data throughout Application Services to ensure consistency and control in the ongoing maintenance and application of this information. This role is a full time remote position. Some travel to our various clinic and office locations may be required.
- Plays a leadership role in the definition and execution of the Information Management roadmap.
- Supports Enterprise Data Architecture roadmap by managing architectural runway for enterprise data model, enterprise data store/warehouse, information management, and advanced data analytics capabilities.
- Provides data architecture thought leadership to cross-functional teams in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation.
- Partners with Business stakeholders, management, and teams to identify needs and guide the delivery of cost-effective, high-performance technology capabilities leveraging enterprise information architecture principles and core data assets.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback.
- Establishes collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating information and providing advice to drive enterprise data architecture decisions forward.
- Adapts to competing demands and new responsibilities, providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership.
- Influences, mentors and coaches team members, and fostering open dialogue amongst team members.
- Manage enterprise databases, data lakes and aggregators
- Database and Analytic toolset identification and management
- Overall MDM – Master Data Management
- COE for data and reporting standards, Data governance, and Data modeling and reporting
- Centralized non-Ad hoc enterprise reporting
- Defines tools used for master data management, including data warehouses, data marts, data mining etc.
- Develops effective processes for collecting, aggregating, matching, consolidating, quality-assuring, and distributing non transactional data
- Ensures data stewardship and governance capabilities are in place to help resolve differences between source systems and maintains data integrity
- Keeps the organization’s critical information (patients, healthcare processes & procedures, employees, locations—among others) accurate and consistent across operational systems
- Ensures good quality of data, consistent classification and identification of data, and resolves data-reconciliation and duplication issues
- Works closely with the IT and Business Teams to deliver relevant analytics services
- Actively recognizes technological innovation and actively uses as appropriate
- Additional duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Master's and/or Bachelor's in computer science, Information Technology, or any other related field or relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Data Governance/MDM in a technical capacity
- Proficiency in interrogating SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Strong ability to self-manage and drive toward high-quality results
- Thrive in complex, often ambiguous, and fast paced environments
- Strong analytic skill set and a high degree of proficiency in data profiling and modeling
- Must have a technical background and be able to lead data integration, data modeling, MDM workflow, etc. through a firsthand understanding
- Experience implementing ETL & Master Data Management tools
- Deep knowledge of various data sharing/integration methodologies (e.g. REST, SOAP, EDI, Enterprise Service Bus)
- Extensive expertise with database technology (Postgres is ideal), as well as data modeling, both logical and physical; expertise with the Amazon AWS platform would be beneficial.
- Expertise in data modeling software such as ERWin or other comparable tool.
- Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions/attributes.
- Exceptional ability to effectively communicate with technical and Business colleagues and make complex ideas understood.
- Extensive experience providing practical direction on information and analytics platforms in conjunction with EDW tools and technologies.
- Experience in Operational Data Store and data integration processes/procedures.
- Experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems; extensive experience for collecting Business requirements from customers, and transform the requirements into DB data processes and data schema.
- Problem solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes various sources for answers, and leverages existing best practices when can. Will look beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop when faced with obstacles.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard and is full of energy for things that are seen as challenging. Not fearful of acting without a fully detailed plan.
- Peer relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all with minimum noise; is a team player and gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration and can be candid with leadership and peers.
- Deals with ambiguity – can effectively cope and change, shifting gears comfortably and without upset when things are uncertain.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with data & analytics in an ambulatory healthcare setting (especially fertility) is ideal
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading/directing small project teams
Perks and Benefits
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; free Peloton membership, monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Something looks off?