Lead Clinical Lab Scientist- Creve Coeur
Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and family-building benefits provider for employers offering comprehensive virtual and in-person care. Kindbody's clinically managed program includes fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as physical, mental, and emotional support from preconception through postpartum. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for more than 90 employers, covering more than 2.4 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all. Kindbody has raised $154 million in funding from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, GV (formerly Google Ventures), RRE Capital, Claritas Health Ventures, Rock Springs Capital, NFP Ventures, and TQ Ventures.
About the Role
As an experienced Lead Clinical Lab Scientist reporting to our Lab Manager, you will be working collaboratively with a diverse group of laboratory team members to provide exceptional patient care. You will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. You will play a critical role in our laboratory operations and will be working for Kindbody as we go through the next phase of growth. This role is a full-time position and is based out of our Creve Coeur Clinic located at 347 N Lindbergh Blvd, Creve Coeur, MO 63141
- Perform semen analysis and endocrine testing
- Prepare semen for intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Prepare semen for cryopreservation and storage
- Maintain accurate laboratory records
- Perform quality control procedures and monitor KPIs
- Participate in the laboratory’s quality management program inclusive of all Kindbody labs
- Assist with Managing day-to-day team schedules; fill in gaps as needed; manage PTO and timecards
- Assist the team in resolving issues.
- Documenting and analyzing working tasks and reporting to leadership
- Assist with new employee onboarding and training programs.
- Organizing and delegate assignments to team members.
- Provide feedback to Lab Director on process improvement and job specifications to help gain efficiencies in your day to day
- And other responsibilities and ad-hoc projects from time to time, based on business needs.
Who You Are
- 2+ years experience in a clinical laboratory setting and managerial roles
- California and Florida must have CLS certification; other states CLS preferred, but not required
- Must have Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in any Biological science (chemistry, biology, medical laboratory)
- Familiarity with the Beckman Access 2 or DX1 analyzer (but will train)
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
- High level of accountability, proven track record of taking ownership and solving problems
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills; able to successfully build cross-functional relationships
- Team player and collaborator
- Exceptional follow-through
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with the ability to flex into responsibilities outside of role to support business growth
- Weekend and holiday rotation required
Perks and Benefits
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Something looks off?