Juvena Therapeutics, Inc. a venture-backed, regenerative medicine biotechnology company, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and skilled Executive Assistant to provide high-level support to our CEO. Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will act as a strategic partner to the CEO, providing critical support in decision-making, planning, and communication across multiple functions. The role will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. The Executive Assistant will also serve as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams, will organize and coordinate executive outreach and external relations efforts, and will oversee special projects. In addition to managing calendars, travel, and expenses, the ideal candidate will prepare materials for meetings, including background info, agendas, and presentations, attend certain meetings, take notes, and follow up with action items. The role will support email management, prioritization, and drafting where possible, and minimize interruptions to the CEO’s workflow. The role may also handle strategic projects, strive to gain an in-depth understanding of the business, and know how to help prioritize the CEO’s time, anticipate needs, and address issues before they arise. Beyond the administrative function, the role may create processes, increase organization, and ensure tasks are on track to completion.
Candidates must be creative and enjoy working within a small, fast-paced entrepreneurial start-up environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and culture-focused. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Candidates will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. If you are a proactive, detail-oriented, and strategic thinker who is passionate about helping grow a biotech startup company, is looking to make a significant difference in improving the human healthspan, and is interested in supporting a dynamic executive team, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Candidates should be excited to join a company focused on the discovery and validation of novel disease-modifying biologics that promote tissue regeneration through a unique platform that discovers secreted proteins that can promote disease-modifying effects and translates them into engineered regenerative biologics for a variety of chronic and age-related diseases. The position is full-time starting as early as possible. This is the perfect opportunity for someone interested in the exciting and fast-paced environment of a growing biotech startup company and looking to make a significant difference in improving human healthspan.
Juvena Therapeutics is on a mission to discover and develop biologics for rare and chronic degenerative diseases by mining the secretomes of human pluripotent stem cells through a machine learning (ML)-enhanced platform. Juvena’s approach integrates proteomics, transcriptomics and imaging with phenotypic human in vitro disease model screening and extensive preclinical validation to mine stem cell secretomes as a rich source of new medicines for chronic and rare diseases. We are advancing leads for muscular dystrophies and muscle atrophy, and validating hits across metabolic and pulmonary diseases with a goal to identify and develop two new assets in new disease indications over the next two years. Since our launch in mid-2018, Juvena has discovered dozens of hits for neuromuscular, skeletal, metabolic and pulmonary diseases, including several muscle regenerative protein therapeutic candidates with potent human in vitro and mice in vivo efficacy. Juvena is advancing a developmental candidate for Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1, a rare autosomal dominant, progressive muscle-wasting disease, in IND-enabling studies.
Juvena Therapeutics has secured venture capital, NIH, and CIRM funding to develop our top lead to a clinical-stage investigational new drug, to build our stem cell secretome database, and to leverage our discovery platform to rapidly identify and validate novel protein-based drug candidates for multiple rare and chronic diseases across metabolic and pulmonary therapeutic areas. At Juvena we embrace a diversity of backgrounds, experience and approaches that all combine to lead us to world-class scientific results in an inclusive environment.
Position Location and work permit requirement
640 Galveston Dr. Redwood City, 64063. Onsite is required. Hybrid option can be considered.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, external contacts, and others, on matters related to CEO’s initiatives.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Serve as a liaison between the CEO and other departments, ensuring effective communication and coordination
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manage a variety of special projects for the CEO.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Manage special projects and initiatives as assigned by the CEO or other senior executives
- Conduct research and analysis on a range of topics to support decision-making and strategic planning
- Draft and review correspondence, reports, and presentations for the CEO and other senior executives
- Work closely with the CEO and other senior executives to develop and implement strategies and initiatives to support business growth and success
- Participate in meetings and events with the CEO and other senior executives, taking notes and following up on action items as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, or a related field
- Strong work tenure with 8+ years experience supporting C-level executives ideally in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Exposure to sensitive information will necessitate a high level of confidentiality, and a considerable use of tact, diplomacy, and quality judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with the ability to analyze data and make sound recommendations
- Must be able to manage shifting priorities to meet critical deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- Experience working within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry preferredAbility to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Google Drive, Adobe suite, as well as Microsoft Office Suite; technological savviness is critical
- Knowledge of project management software and tools (i.e. Asana)
Competitive salary, Medical/Dental/Vision, paid holidays, partial 401K matching and stock options.
Apply for the Position
Apply to this Job through the following means:
- LinkedIn job posting
- Website job posting
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position as the subject line.