Finance & Operations Specialist
Juno College of Technology
About the Position
We are looking for our first Operations & Finance Specialist. Are you looking to start or grow your career in Operations and Finance? Are you looking to work at a fast-paced company, where you can learn and grow while making a big impact? Then this might just be the role for you!
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you will be responsible and support the team in several areas of Operations & Finance, including payroll and bookkeeping, recruiting, onboarding and employee experience while providing support in revenue and expense management, and data analysis and management. This is an opportunity that will allow you to get a holistic Operations & Finance experience and learn from a team specializing in some of these areas.
You will play a part in every aspect of the Finance & Operations of Juno.
- Accounts Payable and Expenses Management: Review invoices for posting and ensure timely payment. Manage and record team member expense claims and company credit card charges.
- Bookkeeping: Organize, record, and prepare monthly account reconciliations and remittances. Create invoices, and send to customers/students. Prepare overdue invoice listing to be shared with the team.
- Payroll, Benefits and Employee Data Management: Manage benefits and employee information. Maintain payroll records and submit bi-weekly to Ceridian for processing.
- Operations: Work with the VP, Product & Operations to ensure business operations are running smoothly, including finding and rolling out innovative ways to make them work better!
- Recruiting & Onboarding: Create great candidate experiences while looking for our newest Newnos (our new team member) and then welcoming them to our team
- Employee experience: Continuing to make Juno a great place to work and bringing our team together for both remote and in-person events
At Juno, our employees are results driven, flexible, and experimental. We always put the student experience first! We're looking for an innovative individual who shares these same values and is looking to grow and learn. The ideal candidate has:
- 6+ months of experience (co-ops and internships included) in a bookkeeping, Finance, or analyst role, or experience in Operations or People Operations
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Adaptable and flexible
Founded by Heather Payne in 2012, Juno College of Technology offers best-in-class experiences for those looking to launch and grow their careers. With industry-leading graduate success, caring instructors, specialized career support, and the most inclusive alumni community around, we're here to help our community achieve their goals.
At Juno, we love what we do. From our Instructors to Career Advisors to our Operations team, we all have individual expertise and share a love for helping people change their lives. We’re experimental, curious, and flexible, and we’re focused on delivering results and putting the student experience first - oh, and we have lots of fun, too! With a growing team and thousands of alumni and students, there’s a large community ready to welcome you to Juno!
Perks and Benefits
- Position type: Full-time
- Salary: $46,000 - $60,000/year
- 4-day work weeks
- 3-weeks of vacation per year
- Paid end-of-year closure from December 24th to the New Year
- 7 paid personal emergency days per year
- Comprehensive benefits package, including Health & Dental, Mental Health, Health Care Spending Account, Employee & Family Assistance Program, Travel, Personalized Prescription Plan, and more!
- Paid pregnancy and parental leave (we top up to 75% for 12 weeks)
- Personal & Professional Development Budget, and free access to Juno’s courses
- Join a woman founder-led company that has been transforming the tech industry in Toronto for almost 10 years
Please visit our Careers page for a full list of perks & benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply below! We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! We highly appreciate all applications and value all candidates; however, we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage. Thank you!
Juno is an equal opportunity employer
Juno College is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Please let us know of your requirements when contacted.
Juno College is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions and salary are solely based on job-related factors.
Lastly, please note that as per our Compensation Philosophy, we present our best offer to our candidates to ensure we are maintaining equity, and we do not negotiate.
Juno College is a Certified Living Wage Employer in Ontario. To ensure that our team does not face financial stress, has a healthy work/life balance, and can focus on what matters most to them, our entry-level salaries are never less than what a person needs to actually live in Toronto. You can read more about our commitment here.
Doesn’t sound like the job for you?
If you're looking for a career change but this position doesn't sound like a good fit, our Web Development Bootcamp can help you launch a new tech career.