Web Development Instructor (Full-Time)
Juno College of Technology
About the Position
Our purpose at Juno is to be the school of choice for people underrepresented in the industry looking to launch and grow careers in tech. We do that by creating a best-in-class student and alumni experience, crafted by a diverse team with a focus on inclusive and equitable practices, to help our graduates achieve their personal and professional goals. This mission drives our people-centred culture, the calibre of talent we attract, our work ethic, and our resolve.
A full-time Web Development Instructor is responsible for the delivery of our highly-rated Web Development Bootcamp and is an integral part of the stellar supportive student experience Juno is known for. Their purpose is to ensure curriculum content is delivered to our high standard, that students are supported throughout their learning journey, and that they are set up for success.
To achieve this, Juno instructors must be dedicated to creating an inclusive learning environment for Juno’s diverse student body, be motivated to review, maintain, and suggest improvements for the curriculum they teach, and be excited to collaborate with their team, the broader Juno team, and the Juno community at large.
Reporting to an Instructor Team Lead, all Juno instructors work closely together, with the Program Operations team, and the Outcomes team to ensure the ever-improving, inclusive, and transformational experience Juno students expect.
To be successful in this role, they will develop a strong understanding of the content of our program, and what the learning objectives for each are, demonstrate attention to detail, care, and empathy, and bring their unique experiences, perspective, and personality to each and every class.
- Teach a variety of Web Development technologies, skills, and best practices of our Web Development Bootcamp through lessons, code-alongs, and interactive exercises
- Work 1 on 1 with students to provide in-class and project support
- Help resolve issues and coach through code debugging and technical problem-solving
- Collaborate with other instructors to solve student experience and lesson delivery issues
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of our courses’ curriculum through Juno’s established curriculum change process), according to the Curriculum Roadmap
- Contribute to the creation of an inclusive and positive learning environment by regularly reviewing best practices, attending staff meetings and workshops, and bringing genuine care and personality to interactions within the Juno community
As a private career college, all of our instructors are required to have at least 2 years of practical, professional experience as developers. Unfortunately, candidates who do not have the required experience will not be considered for this position at this time.
To be a successful candidate for this role you must:
To be a successful candidate for this role, you must:
- Be comfortable programming with React or another, similar, front-end framework
- Be comfortable using a text editor such as VS Code
- Be comfortable using Git and GitHub
- Have excellent verbal communication skills
- Be collaborative, energetic, and empathetic
- Be a skilled technical problem solver
Fit one of the following statements from s.41 of Reg 415/06:
- Hold a degree, diploma, or certificate from an Ontario college, university, private career college, or equivalent AND have at least 24 months of occupational web development experience, OR
- Have at least 36 months of teaching experience, and 24 months of occupational web development experience, OR
- Have at least 48 months of occupational web development experience
Salary, Perks, & Benefits
- Position type: full-time, permanent
- Salary: $61,440 - $65,000/year
- 4-day work weeks
- Clear growth paths
- 3 weeks of paid vacation, annually
- 7 paid personal emergency days a year
- Paid end-of-year closure from December 24th to the New Year
- Comprehensive benefits package, including Health and Travel benefits, a Health Spending Account, Mental Health benefits, access to an Employee & Family Assistance Program, coverage with the Personalized Prescription Plan, and more
- Pregnancy & parental leave policy (plus we top up all employees to 75% for three months)
- Personal & professional development budget, internal tools, community events, and a full scholarship to Juno’s courses
And more! Please visit our Careers page for a full list of perks & benefits.
Founded by Heather Payne in 2012, Juno College of Technology offers best-in-class experiences for those looking to launch and grow their careers. With industry-leading graduate success, caring instructors, specialized career support, and the most inclusive alumni community around, we're here to help our community achieve their goals.
At Juno, we love what we do. From our Instructors to Career Advisors to our Operations team, we all have individual expertise and share a love for helping people change their lives. We’re experimental, curious, and flexible, and we’re focused on delivering results and putting the student experience first - oh, and we have lots of fun, too! With a growing team and thousands of alumni and students, there’s a large community ready to welcome you to Juno!
Hiring Process for this Position
There are 3 steps in the hiring process for this position:
Qualified candidates will receive an invitation to book a short phone chat with the hiring manager - usually 15 to 30 minutes - to discuss qualifications, your interest in the role and joining the Juno team, and answer any questions you may have about the position.
Candidates who move on to the next step will be invited to a 1-hour interview comprised of 2 parts:
- A practical, role-related assignment (e.g. instructor candidates will be provided 3 lessons, choose one, and will teach a 30-minute section of the selected lesson to the hiring manager and 2-3 other team members)
- A 30-minute behavioural interview with the hiring manager(s) to assess your competencies and discuss your experience in relation to the role
- All candidates who move on to step two will either receive an invite to the final interview - a short chat with Juno’s CEO, Heather Payne to discuss your background and interest in joining the Juno team, or a confirmation they will not be moving on in the process
How to Apply
Please apply below. We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us!
We highly appreciate all applications and value all candidates; however, we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage.
Juno is an equal opportunity employer
Juno College is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Please let us know of your requirements when contacted.
Juno College is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions and salary are solely based on job-related factors.
Lastly, please note that as per our Compensation Philosophy, we present our best offer to our candidates to ensure we are maintaining equity, and we do not negotiate.
Juno College is a Certified Living Wage Employer in Ontario. To ensure that our team does not face financial stress, has a healthy work/life balance, and can focus on what matters most to them, our entry-level salaries are never less than what a person needs to actually live in Toronto. You can read more about our commitment here.
Doesn't sound like the job for you?
If you're looking for a career change but this position doesn't sound like a good fit, our Web Development Bootcamp can help you launch a new tech career.