Data Analytics Instructor (Part-Time)
Juno College of Technology
About the Role
As a Part-Time Instructor, you are responsible for the delivery of our prepared curriculum and you are an integral part of the stellar supportive student experience Juno is known for. Your purpose is to ensure curriculum content is delivered to our high standard, that students are supported throughout their learning journey, and that they are set up for success.
To achieve this, our instructors must be dedicated to creating an inclusive learning environment for Juno’s diverse student body, be motivated to suggest improvements for the curriculum they teach, and be excited to collaborate with their team, the broader Juno team, and the Juno community at large.
To be successful in this role, you will have a strong understanding of Data and Advanced Analytics, demonstrate attention to detail, care, and empathy, and bring your unique experiences, perspective, and personality to each and every class.
As a Part-Time Instructor, you will:
- Teach prepared course curriculum through lessons and interactive exercises
- Work 1 on 1 with students to provide in-class and project support
- Help resolve issues and coach through issues and problem-solving
- Collaborate with Juno’s Program Operations Manager to solve student experience and lesson delivery issues
- Contribute to the creation of an inclusive and positive learning environment by regularly reviewing best practices and bringing genuine care and personality to interactions within the Juno community
- Recommend improvement of our courses’ curriculum through Juno’s established curriculum change process
Founded by Heather Payne in 2012, Juno College of Technology offers best-in-class experiences for those looking to launch and grow their careers. With industry-leading graduate success, caring instructors, specialized career support, and the most inclusive alumni community around, we're here to help our community achieve their goals.
At Juno, we love what we do. From our Instructors to Career Advisors to our Operations team, we all have individual expertise and share a love for helping people change their lives. We’re experimental, curious, and flexible, and we’re focused on delivering results and putting the student experience first - oh, and we have lots of fun, too! With a growing team and thousands of alumni and students, there’s a large community ready to welcome you to Juno!
To be a successful candidate for this role, you must:
- Have 3-5 years of professional experience working in Data and Advanced Analytics
- Are passionate about how we can use data to improve the world
- Proven knowledge of SQL, Tableau and Python
- Be comfortable using GitHub, Google Drive, Zoom, and Slack
- Have excellent verbal communication skills
- Be collaborative, energetic, and empathetic
- Be a skilled technical problem solver
- Be flexible, and able to respond and adapt to different learning styles and personalities
**Please note this is a part-time position, with hours in the evening or weekend depending on the course. **
$80/hour + variable amount if course revenue thresholds are met.
How to Apply
Please apply below! We’d love to see your resume, and anything else you’d like to provide us! We highly appreciate all applications and value all candidates; however, we will only contact successful applicants to move on to the next stage. Thank you!
Juno is an equal opportunity employer
Juno College is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Please let us know of your requirements when contacted.
Juno College is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions and salary are solely based on job-related factors.
Lastly, please note that as per our Compensation Philosophy, we present our best offer to our candidates to ensure we are maintaining equity, and we do not negotiate.
Juno College is a Certified Living Wage Employer in Ontario. To ensure that our team does not face financial stress, has a healthy work/life balance, and can focus on what matters most to them, our entry-level salaries are never less than what a person needs to actually live in Toronto. You can read more about our commitment here.
Doesn’t sound like the job for you?
If you're looking for a career change but this position doesn't sound like a good fit, our Web Development Bootcamp can help you launch a new tech career.