Senior Android Engineer
Jump is the only end-to-end fan experience platform built for sports teams and venues, breaking the mold for what fans can expect at live events.
Jump’s enterprise software enables sports teams and venues to unlock the massive opportunities that come from real relationships with their fans, rethinking the traditional model that hasn’t put the fan experience first.
Founded in 2021 by Marc Lore, Alex Rodriguez, and Jordy Leiser and backed by top venture firms including Forerunner Ventures, Will Ventures, Mastry Ventures, Courtside Ventures, and more, we’re just getting started!
We are a remote first team that grounds our actions and decisions in our core values — begin with trust, bring our all, and blaze a trail. Living our values means that we always assume positive intent, show up with authenticity and empathy, and push the limit of what is possible with our collective creativity.
We’re actively recruiting for smart, tenacious, adaptable, and most importantly kind people to join our team!
We're building a brand new product from the ground up and we are looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join us. You’ll play a pivotal role in architecting and developing our Android application.
You’ll be responsible for developing core components of our product offering, changing the game for what fans can expect at live events. You’ll tackle complex technical challenges using your keen coding skills, strong system design expertise, and leadership experience and drive key changes to Android architecture and related development processes.
What You’ll Do
- Design and deliver new product and platform features, own the frameworks and systems needed to deliver the product vision, roadmap, and strategy.
- Collaborate with other engineers (mobile, web, backend engineers), product managers, and designers to build the product
- Write code considering security, testability, maintainability, scalability, and performance
- Analyze product requirements and provide estimates in an Agile environment
- Deliver tech designs and architecture level proposals documents
- Optimize application performance, troubleshoot issues, and implement solutions to enhance user experience and responsiveness.
- Lead end to end projects to ensure timely delivery of new features
- Act as Android subject matter expert, staying informed of the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices to actively contributing ideas and innovations to improve our product
- Manage the Android app Google Play publishing process
- Mentor other engineers on best practices for Android and mobile development
What You’ll Bring
- 6+ years of experience building native Android apps with a strong focus on Kotlin
- Strong understanding of Jetpack Compose
- Strong understanding of Android architectural patterns
- Expertise in architecting scalable and maintainable codebases, following clean code principles and design patterns
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality, complex Android applications from inception to launch.
- Significant experience with unit testing (i.e. JUnit)
- Strong passion for building stable, well-tested applications
- Experience with version control software (i.e. GitHub) and issue/project tracking software (i.e. Jira)
- Experience with CI/CD tools for app release (i.e. CircleCI, Bitrise, Fastlane)
- Experience with release monitoring (crashes, performance, analytics)
- Enthusiasm for new technologies, languages, frameworks, and platforms
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
Highly Desirable Skills
- Experience with Kotlin Multiplatform
- Strong understanding of Gradle
- IOS development experience
- Significant experience with Apollo GraphQL (client library)
- Experience creating developer tooling (e.g. custom linters, code generation, IDE plugins)
Attributes that will make you successful on our team
- A strong desire to learn. You have strong experience and want to continue building your technical skills.
- Tenacity. You enjoy working on challenges that others can’t or don’t want to tackle and you aren’t afraid of failing fast in order to find better solutions.
- Passion. You love using your technical skills to build products that solve real problems. You hold yourself to a high standard and help to elevate others as well.
- Empathy. You thrive in an environment where everyone can truly be themselves. You understand that our differing life experiences influence who we are and how we show up, and these diverse perspectives enrich both our team and our product.
- Customer-centric mindset. You can understand the problem to be solved and who we are solving it for.
- Remote first
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flex PTO policy
- Generous medical, dental and vision plans
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- $1,000 reimbursement for work-from-home tech setup
- Company-paid sustainability subscription to ensure carbon neutrality is maintained for employee activities, such as travel
Compensation is something we don’t want our candidates or employees to worry about. Our goal is to offer competitive salaries that are regularly benchmarked against the market. The core tenants of our compensation philosophy are fairness and transparency.
We have established a standardized leveling framework based on job scope and responsibilities. The compensation package for each level is standard across all engineering roles. This means that every person at a certain level is paid the same as everyone else, regardless of their background, previous compensation, location, or any other factor.
The compensation for this role is $180,000 and includes a generous equity package.
Some candidates may see the requirements and feel unsure that they match all the criteria. We encourage you to apply! There's a good chance you have important skills that we have not stated. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, nonbinary folx, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. We’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where everyone can bring their authentic self and thrive, and we value the diversity brought by different life experiences.