🔨 Founding Engineer
About the job 🚀
Our mission is to transform the way people work by helping anyone rapidly build and share smart, trusted data apps with their customers.
We're looking for a product-minded full stack engineer excited to build the single AI-powered system for sharing and operationalizing data across organizations.
It’s an incredible time to join — you’ll work directly with the founding team to influence our product roadmap, and to architect/code product features that each make a foundational difference. You’ll help build a fast-growing startup culture of excellence, diversity, and impact.
- We’ve raised significant seed venture capital from some of the most successful investors, operators and founders in Silicon Valley. (Our lead investor also led Snowflake’s Seed.)
- Our co-founding team (Erik, Kavita, Clarence) are product/technical leaders who built data/AI systems at Google, Meta, and Microsoft. They lived the customer problems firsthand from both platform and practitioner perspectives, and are now applying that experience to build a great solution.
- You’re a product engineer passionate about the transformative possibilities of Data, AI, and LLMs. You’re thrilled at the opportunity to redefine industry interaction patterns by creating human <> AI interfaces that have never existed before, all while using the newest and best AI tools (e.g. ChatGPT, CoPilot) to get more done faster.
- You have strong communication skills to collaborate with teammates on-site in a hybrid work environment with offices in San Francisco and Toronto.
- You embody an ownership mindset and are a hands-on contributor eager to play to your strengths while learning from and helping cultivate a top-tier engineering team — Maybe you even want to start your own company one day!
- You excel in ambiguity, relish the ownership in solving undefined problems, and take pride in your impact in high-performance, outcome-driven environments.
- 5+ years of experience building full-stack product systems.
- Experience building projects from 0 to 1 (at a job or side hustle) with specific outcomes.
- Strong passion/interest in data platforms and AI/LLM pipelines.
Our tech stack
- NextJS/React (Frontend)
- GraphQL (API)
- NodeJS + Express (Backend)
- PostgreSQL + Prisma ORM (Data)
- TypeScript (Language)
- OpenAI (LLM)
- AWS (Environment)
How we hire
We believe that diverse and inclusive teams lead to bigger successes.
- Introduction - video call to build conviction you’ll succeed in the role (30m)
Technical Assessment - take home challenge (3-4hrs) with follow-up call for collaborative review (1hr)
- Alternatively: 2 coding/systems interviews (45-60m each)
- Meet More of The Team - three calls discussing previous projects to validate mutual fit (45m each)
- References - we’ll learn from outside perspectives about how best to empower you.
- The Decision - we’ll give you a call to welcome you to the team!
🏖 Time Away
We have unlimited out-of-office time available to our employees so they can recharge and enjoy life outside of work, as well as paid company holidays.
💙 Competitive Salary & Health Benefits
We provide medical, dental, and vision insurance to all of our employees and dependents.
We equip our employees with all-new equipment including a laptop, monitor, and anything else needed for you to do your best work.