Senior Software Engineer
Indigov is seeking a highly motivated and experienced engineer to play a pivotal role in building a secure, reliable, and scalable platform for elected representatives and government agencies. You will join a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and close-knit engineering team dedicated to enhancing the user experience of representative democracy
What you'll do
- Work closely with Product, Design, and Client Success to design, develop, and operationalize new product features that impact our customers and millions of constituents.
- Consistently ship features, services, and improvements to the Indigov platform that are secure, well-tested, and stable.
- Make key architectural decisions about the development of the Indigov stack.
- Write concise, legible, and maintainable code.
- Own solutions end to end, managing complexity and stakeholders directly.
- Debug production issues across services and different levels of the stack.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and providing production support for highly reliable and scalable systems, ideally with some of that experience at an early-stage startup.
- Strong working knowledge and experience developing in TypeScript
- Experience in schema design and query optimization
- Ability to work collaboratively in a remote team setting by communicating proactively and demonstrating a strong sense of ownership.
Strong preference for candidates with any of the below additional experience:
- Broad and deep experience with AWS services. Our stack includes RDS (Postgres), DynamoDB, OpenSearch, ECS, and Elastic Beanstalk.
- Broad and deep experience with multiple areas of data infrastructure: workflow orchestration, large scale data ingestion (e.g. Kafka, AWS Kinesis, or SQS), data storage for OLTP (AWS RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache) and OLAP (Elasticsearch/OpenSearch, Snowflake)