Principal Oracle DBA
HYPR, the Identity Assurance Company, helps organizations create trust in the identity lifecycle. We are a community of bold thinkers and energetic doers who imagined a brand new approach to identity security and, at the same time, are eliminating a pervasive and persistent 60-year old problem – the password. Since being founded in 2014, the company has grown to be the premium provider of authentication security to marquee brands around the globe and are quickly becoming the recognized leader in Identity Assurance. We are looking for exceptional people with the ambition and the will to positively change the world. If that sounds like you, join us on our mission to create a passwordless world and secure the identity lifecycle.
Your Role and Impact
HYPR, The Identity Assurance Company, is seeking a Principal Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) to join our team. The successful candidate will possess a strong background in enterprise-level production support, cloud migration experience, and advanced programming capabilities with Oracle SQL, Linux Bash, and Ansible. As a Principal Oracle DBA, you will be crucial in managing and maintaining our client’s databases for a large, complex legacy system, using your experience to help move to the cloud. You will be expected to work cohesively with our implementation team, providing input into the cloud migration, production support, and project team leadership. The goals for all production databases are optimal performance, security, and availability.
- Full life cycle support of client's database(s). Database system uses RAC and non-RAC for Data Warehouse and OLTP, Active DataGuard for DR, partitioning on 19c on-premises and Public Cloud.
- Responsible for database backups, design, development, testing, and performance tuning.
- Will work with developers to design and build new structures to support application enhancements and promote database changes throughout the Dev, UAT, and Prod databases.
- Responsible for quarterly patch applications (PSU) and periodic database upgrades with minimal downtime in the database environment.
- Required to take part in 24x7 on-call rotation and be available to perform periodic after-hours support.
- Proactively think toward automation of repeated tasks.
- Responsible for innovation in improving support standards
- 10 + years experience in Oracle Database Administration
- 10 + years of progressively increasing responsibilities as an Oracle DBA
- Experience working in a public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, or Oracle)
- Experience as a production Oracle DBA in an Enterprise environment using a current Oracle version.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Must be comfortable working at the Unix command line level and VI
- Must be proficient at Unix shell scripting.
- Able to work flexible hours as required by business priorities.
- Able to administer, manage and tune high-transaction and decision support Standalone/RAC production server environment(s) on-premises and cloud environments.
- Able to understand and meet the needs of end-users.
- Able to work with multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced, and often changing environment.
- Expert level database design, development and administration skills.
- Expert level knowledge of Oracle DataGuard Physical Standby configuration, build and support, including DataGuard Broker and replication.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery options and tools.
- Expert knowledge of managing automatic storage management.
- Proficient analytical and troubleshooting skills for complex database performance issues.
- Proficient knowledge of database upgrades/migrations.
- Proficient knowledge of database programming and query troubleshooting.
- Proficient knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Solid expertise in managing databases in AWS/AZURE cloud environment.
- Strong experience in writing Shell scripts.
The Benefits of Working with HYPR
- Competitive Salary & Equity offer with significant upside as we scale
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, as well as FSA/HSA, 401k available and more
- Generous equipment budget and customized workstation. You will have what you need to be successful
- Long-Term stability within a high-growth sector within identity access automation
- A mission driven culture. At HYPR you will never be spinning your wheels on tasks that won’t make an impact. Everything we develop is cutting edge and vital to the success and security of our clients
Remote - US Based Only
H1B/Visa support is not currently available for this specific position.
HYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Base Salary: $120,000 - 150,000
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at HYPR. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including location, qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other HYPRions. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at HYPR to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.