UI/UX Designer- Ecommerce
Remote · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
WHO WE ARE
If you ask us, we’re the perfect mix of athletes, entrepreneurs, engineers, and creatives. Our diverse backgrounds and shared values are what help make Hydrow great. Our mission is not just to create an amazing fitness experience, but a beautiful human experience - one that’s honest, inclusive, and positive.. Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? That’s because it is!
We are looking for a Designer to be a part of the Hydrow Digital marketing & ecommerce team. We’re looking for a self-starter to come join our team at the ground floor. The ideal candidate is someone with strong communication skills who will drive and own the process of executing and creating content based on learnings and input from analytics, the executive team, and other stakeholders. If you’re looking for a job with huge potential for growth at a rapidly growing company, we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Hydrow.com UI/UX design & optimization
- Landing page design & optimization
- Hydrow ecommerce design & optimization
- Designer focused on end to end customer experience for hydrow.com
- Partner with product, analytics and engineering to create a robust roadmap reflective of customer experiences and features that will make shopping hydrow.com an enjoyable & seamless experience
- Partner with product, analytics and engineering for A/B testing & overall experimentation across Hydrow.com
- Utilize design thinking principles to build seamless customer experiences which solve customer problems
- Improving designs and creative based on learnings from usertesting, analytics & customer feedback
- Designing and optimizing ecommerce store front and catalog pages
- Develop Hydrow’s visual style for all digital marketing properties
- Interface with the product design team to ensure consistency across product/web
- Own and audit organization of existing digital asset library; ensure design patterns are consistently leveraged across site
WHO YOU ARE
- Customer centric designer who loves turning creative ideas into solutions for customer problems
- 5-7 years experience with ecommerce design experience
- Experience with A/B testing & Experimentation in ecommerce
- Experiment driving some user testing & research to build confidence in design patterns
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables including competitive audits, detailed site maps, user flows, page flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Strong communication skills & ability to listen
- Comfort with (and even a need for) data driven decision making
- Ability working with agencies and 3rd party partners
- Experience with digital marketing campaign creation and optimization
- Experience with software like Figma, Invision, etc
- Photoshop & Illustrator expertise
- Mobile first web-design philosophy
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Familiarity with tools like Amplitude, Shopify, Contentful & Storybook.
- HTML / CSS experience
- Experience designing advertising creative
- Experience with mockup software like invision
- Experience creating wireframes
- Experience with After Effects or any video editing software/experience with animation work
REPORTS TO: Design Director
We are currently not accepting resumes or any other contact from external recruiters.
HOW WE WORK
Authentic and Inclusive: We embrace each and every one of our differences and celebrate our diversity. We commit to fostering a space where everyone belongs and is heard.
Nimble with Purpose: We are a fleet of speedy boats, instead of a barge. As pathfinders of positive change, we adapt our focus with ease when our purpose points us in a new direction
Resilient Teammates: We support our Hydrow teammates and members through challenges: technical, personal, or unexpected waves. We overcome the present obstacle and persevere together.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
BENEFITS AND PERKS (Full Time Permanent Hydrownauts)
🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Premiums 100% Paid For By Hydrow
👶 6 Months Fully Paid Primary and Secondary Parental Leave
🏖 Unlimited PTO Policy
📚 $150/week Reimbursable for Childcare
🚣 Free Membership to the Hydrow App and access to a free Hydrow
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.
Hydrow is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information entered by an employer from an employee’s Form I-9, to records available from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration to confirm employment eligibility.