Design Director - Brand and Campaigns
Remote · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
WHO WE ARE
If you ask us, we’re the perfect mix of athletes, entrepreneurs, engineers, and creatives. Our diverse backgrounds and shared values are what help make Hydrow great. Our mission is not just to create an amazing fitness experience, but a beautiful human experience - one that’s honest, inclusive, and positive.. Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? That’s because it is!
The Design Director is responsible for managing and directing the Brand and Marketing design team, which drives visual asset creation in partnership with Marketing, Engagement, and ECommerce Website. The ideal candidate has experience working in digital media and advertising, with a portfolio that shows off high-level skills in design, typography, and visual storytelling. They will be excited about creating holistic campaigns across multiple different media types, brand style guides, championing brand consistency, and driving visuals for a variety of content.
- Lead the creative team and direct project completion in line with company and project goals.
- Formulate short and long term creative goals and strategies for achieving them, with an eye towards competitive and industry trends.
- Develop design concepts that further the company’s brand identity and maintain consistency over the quality and message of the team’s output.
- Inspire the creative team to perform more advanced work using brainstorming sessions, team meetings, and other strategic tools.
- Transform rough ideas and general concepts into actions, projects, and completed products or messages.
- Enforce deadlines and maintain efficiency in the creative department.
- Determine how best to represent a concept visually keeping on brief and managing the ideation.
- Review and approve and amended designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by other team members.
- Collaborate with partners across Marketing, Engagement, and Content production (on-Hydrow workouts) teams to build and execute on Hydrow strategy.
- Drive asset completion with hands-on design work for specific projects
- Mindset: Hands on creative leader, collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others. A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment.
- Flexibility: Quickly responds to unexpected changes in scale, priorities, and pace. Ability to multitask and manage a number of different projects at once. Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well.
- Communication: Exceptional communication skills and ability to bridge the gap between the business and creative sides of the company.
- Leadership: Incredibly self-motivated and innovative, able to take charge of any situation, presenting a vision and building support.
- 8+ years of experience in Design
- 3+ years managing Design teams
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Hands on experience with digital advertising campaigns, logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production and image selection
- Proficient use of Figma, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of project management, design and brand development, and marketing.
We are currently not accepting resumes or any other contact from external recruiters.
HOW WE WORK
Authentic and Inclusive: We embrace each and every one of our differences and celebrate our diversity. We commit to fostering a space where everyone belongs and is heard.
Nimble with Purpose: We are a fleet of speedy boats, instead of a barge. As pathfinders of positive change, we adapt our focus with ease when our purpose points us in a new direction
Resilient Teammates: We support our Hydrow teammates and members through challenges: technical, personal, or unexpected waves. We overcome the present obstacle and persevere together.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
BENEFITS AND PERKS (Full Time Permanent Hydrownauts)
🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Premiums 100% Paid For By Hydrow
👶 6 Months Fully Paid Primary and Secondary Parental Leave
🏖 Unlimited PTO Policy
📚 $150/week Reimbursable for Childcare
🚣 Free Membership to the Hydrow App and access to a free Hydrow
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.
Hydrow is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information entered by an employer from an employee’s Form I-9, to records available from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration to confirm employment eligibility.