Software Engineering, Data Science
Remote · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
WHO WE ARE
If you ask us, we’re the perfect mix of athletes, entrepreneurs, engineers, and creatives. Our diverse backgrounds and shared values are what help make Hydrow great. Our mission is not just to create an amazing fitness experience, but a beautiful human experience - one that’s honest, inclusive, and positive.. Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? That’s because it is!
We seek a Data Engineer who will serve as a cornerstone in our expanding Data and Analytics team. Your role is pivotal in providing ongoing analytics and insights across multiple departments, emphasizing a data-first approach to accelerate our strategies and decision making.
You will serve as a critical member of the Data and Analytics team, focusing on integrating disparate sets of data on our Domo platform. Your work will support Marketing, Customer Engagement, Finance, and Hardware - really, the whole company. You will work closely across the analytics team and be deeply integrated with specific functional departments. You will field a mix of ad hoc reporting and drive longer strategic projects. You will employ your curiosity, creativity, and analysis skills to make a significant impact in a fast-paced and engaging culture.
- Ability to design, construct, test, and maintain data architectures and platforms, including AWS and Google Cloud (BigQuery)
- Proficiency in using various approaches for data integration for comprehensive analysis using business intelligence tools (Domo, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Exercise strong quantitative and research skills to interpret findings
- Ability to clearly communicate findings and business impacts
- Advanced critical thinking skills to scope and frame problems
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills to establish critical partnerships with cross- functional teams
- Use of product analytics tools: Google Analytics, Amplitude etc
- Analytics Coding Proficiency: SQL (required) , R, Python (preferred)
- Preferred to have a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in an analytics role preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, capable of conveying complex data concepts in a clear and concise manner.
We are currently not accepting resumes from external recruiters.
HOW WE WORK
Authentic and Inclusive: We embrace each and every one of our differences and celebrate our diversity. We commit to fostering a space where everyone belongs and is heard.
Nimble with Purpose: We are a fleet of speedy boats, instead of a barge. As pathfinders of positive change, we adapt our focus with ease when our purpose points us in a new direction
Resilient Teammates: We support our Hydrow teammates and members through challenges: technical, personal, or unexpected waves. We overcome the present obstacle and persevere together.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
BENEFITS AND PERKS (Full Time Permanent Hydrownauts)
🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Premiums 100% Paid For By Hydrow
👶 6 Months Fully Paid Primary and Secondary Parental Leave
🏖 Unlimited PTO Policy
📚 $150/week Reimbursable for Childcare
🚣 Free Membership to the Hydrow App and access to a free Hydrow
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.
Hydrow is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information entered by an employer from an employee’s Form I-9, to records available from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration to confirm employment eligibility.