Director of Field Service and Hardware Operations
Other Engineering, Operations
Remote · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
WHO WE ARE
If you ask us, we’re the perfect mix of athletes, entrepreneurs, engineers, and creatives. Our diverse backgrounds and shared values are what help make Hydrow great. Our mission is not just to create an amazing fitness experience, but a beautiful human experience - one that’s honest, inclusive, and positive.. Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? That’s because it is!
Hydrow is seeking a customer-focused and resourceful Director of Field Service and Hardware Operations to lead and elevate our field operations. In this role, you will use your strategic, technical and operational expertise to lead a team of Field Service Coordinators, manage an extensive network of independent service providers, facilitate communication between internal teams and optimize processes to make it all work seamlessly. Your dedication to delivering the best customer experience possible will play a pivotal role in driving member loyalty and subscriptions to the Hydrow experience.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Team Leadership: Coach and lead a team of Field Service Coordinators, fostering a culture of excellence and unwavering commitment to delivering an unparalleled customer experience.
- Service Provider Network Management: Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing independent service providers, monitor their performance and training, and ensure adherence to Hydrow's elevated service standards. Facilitate the seamless onboarding of new service providers to expand coverage and support growth. Support technicians while onsite with customers.
- Continuous Improvement: Embrace a "continuous improvement" mindset, proactively identifying opportunities for process improvements. Spearhead and implement improvements to optimize efficiency and elevate customer satisfaction.
- Collaboration with Engineering Teams: Collaborate closely with the engineering teams to develop comprehensive training materials for field service technicians. In collaboration with quality engineering, facilitate the feedback loop of field failure information to inform ongoing product improvements.
- Partnership with Member Services (Customer Support): Act as the primary liaison between the Hardware Team and Member Services team. Develop, iterate, and coach support agents on hardware troubleshooting techniques, ensuring Hydrow's members have a friction free experience if they encounter hardware issues.
- Data and Reporting: Monitor, analyze and develop key performance indicators (KPIs) related to field service program performance and cost, hardware quality and customer experience. Generate dashboards and facilitate regular review to assess performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Spare Parts Management: Oversee the spare parts program, including monitoring of inventory levels to generate demand forecasts then collaboration with the Operations team to ensure timely procurement, inventory level accuracy and efficient distribution of spare parts.
- Scalability and Growth: Collaborate with the senior leadership team to evolve and implement strategy to support the growth of the business.
- Special Projects: Lead and take ownership of special projects and initiatives that align with the overall business objectives and strategic goals of the company
Who You Are:
- You have a proven background in field service management and network development, preferably within the fitness equipment or related industry.
- You are a collaborative, empathetic, and motivational leader with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, enabling you to engage effectively with colleagues at all levels and across disciplines.
- You value well-defined processes and have a proven track record in developing and implementing appropriately rigorous processes.
- Your meticulous attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and curiosity enable you to identify improvement areas, drive impactful change, and immerse yourself in the details when necessary.
- You have technical expertise in the function and repair of fitness equipment or similar electro-mechanical devices. You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments and nimbly adapt to evolving business needs.
- You have experience with health and safety best practices and regulations to ensure compliance and the safety of Hydrow’s customers and service providers.
- You are preferably based in the Boston, MA area and willing to travel to our Downtown Crossing located office on a semi-regular basis.
HOW WE WORK
Authentic and Inclusive: We embrace each and every one of our differences and celebrate our diversity. We commit to fostering a space where everyone belongs and is heard.
Nimble with Purpose: We are a fleet of speedy boats, instead of a barge. As pathfinders of positive change, we adapt our focus with ease when our purpose points us in a new direction
Resilient Teammates: We support our Hydrow teammates and members through challenges: technical, personal, or unexpected waves. We overcome the present obstacle and persevere together.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
BENEFITS AND PERKS (Full Time Permanent Hydrownauts)
🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Premiums 100% Paid For By Hydrow
👶 6 Months Fully Paid Primary and Secondary Parental Leave
🏖 Unlimited PTO Policy
📚 $150/week Reimbursable for Childcare
🧘♂️ Free Subscription to Headspace
🚣 75% Discount on a Hydrow and Free Membership to the Hydrow App
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.