People & Culture Lead
People & HR
Remote · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
WHO WE ARE
If you ask us, we’re the perfect mix of athletes, entrepreneurs, engineers, and creatives. Our diverse backgrounds and shared values are what help make Hydrow great. Our mission is not just to create an amazing fitness experience, but a beautiful human experience - one that’s honest, inclusive, and positive.. Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? That’s because it is!
As Hydrow’s People & Culture Lead, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining an environment where individuals and the organization can thrive as we continue to grow & scale. The People /Business Operations function is one that will support and align with the organization’s business goals, objectives, and strategies while also honoring each individual’s contribution to and journey at Hydrow.
This opportunity is unique as it requires someone who can thrive in both day-to-day execution while also collaborating on strategy. This includes rolling up your sleeves to ensure every team member at Hydrow is supported, while also assisting building our longer-term people strategy as we grow & scale.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- HRIS Management: Ensuring the data integrity of our HRIS system as well as the file organization and management of employee related files in our Google Drive including but not limited to new hire onboarding, terminations, benefits qualifying events, promotions, raises, etc.
- Benefits Administration: Working with the People & Business Operations Manager in managing day to day benefit related needs such as employee communication, enrollment support for new hires, education and programming around benefits, and more. You will also play a key role in the annual Open Enrollment process.
- Employee Relations: Responding to day-to-day HR questions including, but not limited to, benefits, payroll, recruiting needs and redirecting employees to appropriate contacts and resources
- Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding: Administer our applicant tracking system (Lever), assist hiring managers with listing roles and managing interviews. Coordinate offers being made. Work with hiring manager, IT, and others on the onboarding of new employees.
- Documentation: Overseeing the administration process for the following and escalating those that require additional review.
- Employment verifications
- Leave of absence paperwork
- Unemployment claims
- Compliance: Maintaining knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- 2 - 4 years of work experience in human resources or related fields with a background in benefits administration, HR systems, and compliance.
- Experience working with HR platforms and tools to build and implement more efficient workflows and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to manage and analyze data using Excel and Google Sheets
- Passionate about being there for employees
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting exceptional candidates, for that reason if you don't meet 100% of the job description, that's okay! Please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE Experience managing Leave of Absence requests
HOW WE WORK
Authentic and Inclusive: We embrace each and every one of our differences and celebrate our diversity. We commit to fostering a space where everyone belongs and is heard.
Nimble with Purpose: We are a fleet of speedy boats, instead of a barge. As pathfinders of positive change, we adapt our focus with ease when our purpose points us in a new direction
Resilient Teammates: We support our Hydrow teammates and members through challenges: technical, personal, or unexpected waves. We overcome the present obstacle and persevere together.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
BENEFITS AND PERKS (Full Time Permanent Hydrownauts)
🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Premiums 100% Paid For By Hydrow
👶 6 Months Fully Paid Primary and Secondary Parental Leave
🏖 Unlimited PTO Policy
📚 $150/week Reimbursable for Childcare
🧘♂️ Free Subscription to Headspace
🚣 75% Discount on a Hydrow and Free Membership to the Hydrow App
* COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Hydrow requires anyone working onsite to confirm they are fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested, reviewed, and approved.
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.
See more open positions at Hydrow
Something looks off?