Business Intelligence Analyst
IT, Operations, Data Science
Remote · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
WHO WE ARE
If you ask us, we’re the perfect mix of athletes, entrepreneurs, engineers, and creatives. Our diverse backgrounds and shared values are what help make Hydrow great. Our mission is not just to create an amazing fitness experience, but a beautiful human experience - one that’s honest, inclusive, and positive.. Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? That’s because it is!
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Business Intelligence Analyst role is critical to helping Marketing and Engagement stakeholders understand their channels’ performance on a day-to-day basis. Hydrow has recently updated many of our data sources, including switching from GAU to GA4, adding BigQuery, replatforming our website, adding new channels like Amazon, and starting new attribution tracking. We need a BI analyst to help build out our dashboards to ensure adequate clarity, tracking, and insights are found for each business leader. You will report to the VP of Strategy and Analytics and join a data team of 2 more rockstars; each also wears several different organizational hats. We need you to join to stay focused on our dashboards and business intelligence!
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Build out the most important dashboards for our company, including our eCommerce, AB testing, and Sales & Marketing dashboards. Manage the efficiencies of our data lineage and joins in Domo; document data sources and update cadences. Most important is to continue to scope, outline, and execute our new BigQuery warehouse piping in data from GA4.
- Help facilitate weekly recaps of core company KPIs; be able to pinpoint where relevant data trends impact core KPIs.
- Ensure all marketing team members can adequately track and gain insights into their channel’s performance through detailed dashboard visualizations, including Search, Social, Affiliate, CTV, SEO, Email/CRM, and more
- Support the Product & Engagement teams with data builds in both Domo and Amplitude.
- Support company-wide data requests through Slack and Jira.
- Once dashboards are in a good place, assist on ad hoc marketing analysis to better understand efficiencies of channels, promotions, interventions, etc. Bonus points if you have statistical expertise with analyses like regressions and attribution.
WHO YOU ARE
- BI Dashboard Native: You have 3+ years’ experience with dashboard and data visualization creation with a proven track record assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results and in a fast-paced e-commerce environment. You have deep knowledge of data platforms, including Domo (preferred), Tableau, Looker, Amplitude, or Power BI. You have an internally driven desire for data organization, including documentation, writing clean joins, and ability to identify the most efficient data structures.
- Technical (with Marketing Data): You are an expert with web analytics and marketing data. Bonus points for any expertise in the following: GA4, Netsuite, Shopify, SEMRush, Google Search Console, Hubspot, Talkable, Amazon Ads and 1P, Google Ads, Meta Ads. You are comfortable using SQL/Python/etc to analyze and dashboard event stream data. You have at least a basic understanding of statistical testing and experimentation.
- Critical Analytical Thinker: You are comfortable and familiar with collecting and analyzing internal and external data. With a data driven mindset, you pinpoint and articulate problem areas and are comfortable in an environment of change and improvement. You are confident in creating and presenting solutions to your cross functional partners and leaders.
- Collaborative & Communicative: You work hard and work well with other departments and teams. You listen to feedback and listen to your team and co-workers needs and expectations. You ensure the teams you work with know where projects stand. You have a strong ability to prioritize projects with minimal supervision.
HOW WE WORK
Authentic and Inclusive: We embrace each and every one of our differences and celebrate our diversity. We commit to fostering a space where everyone belongs and is heard.
Nimble with Purpose: We are a fleet of speedy boats, instead of a barge. As pathfinders of positive change, we adapt our focus with ease when our purpose points us in a new direction
Resilient Teammates: We support our Hydrow teammates and members through challenges: technical, personal, or unexpected waves. We overcome the present obstacle and persevere together.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
BENEFITS AND PERKS (Full Time Permanent Hydrownauts)
🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Premiums 100% Paid For By Hydrow
👶 6 Months Fully Paid Primary and Secondary Parental Leave
🏖 Unlimited PTO Policy
📚 $150/week Reimbursable for Childcare
🧘♂️ Free Subscription to Headspace
🚣 75% Discount on a Hydrow and Free Membership to the Hydrow App
* COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Hydrow requires anyone working onsite to confirm they are fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested, reviewed, and approved.
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.
See more open positions at Hydrow
Something looks off?