Remote · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2023
WHO WE ARE
If you ask us, we’re the perfect mix of athletes, entrepreneurs, engineers, and creatives. Our diverse backgrounds and shared values are what help make Hydrow great. Our mission is not just to create an amazing fitness experience, but a beautiful human experience - one that’s honest, inclusive, and positive.. Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? That’s because it is!
WHY WE NEED YOU
As an Integration Engineer working on the Digital Platforms team, you will build and maintain complex system integrations across enterprise platforms, with a focus on quickly delivering value to the business. You are a natural collaborator and relationship builder, and will work closely with teams across the organization to understand evolving business objectives and translate them into nimble technical solutions. You are passionate about technology, and bring a wealth of experience integrating cloud-based services and platforms. The below milestones represent the outcomes you will drive in our fast-paced startup environment.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Make an impact on the business quickly. You will make the rest of the business work better and faster, and they will appreciate everything you do.
- Enjoy working with a great team on a versatile technology stack.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- First Thirty Days
- Get up to speed with Hydrow’s Digital Platforms landscape and processes, focusing on the Workato iPaaS and core business systems such as NetSuite, Salesforce, Shopify and HubSpot
- Join in on design and planning sessions to understand the integration roadmap and development process
- Establish yourself as a credible thought leader in platform integration engineering
- Build integration workflows to gain a practical understanding of our integration systems and tools
- First Three Months
- Demonstrate an ability to efficiently complete integration projects based on business stakeholder objectives
- Build strong relationships with system admins and stakeholders across business functions including Member Services, Finance, and Marketing
- Collaborate with platform operations to define observability metrics and alerting for system integrations
- Contribute to integration best practices, and work closely with platform developers to align delivery workflows where appropriate
- First Six Months
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of core platforms by cataloging data models and processes, maintaining clarity across the integration portfolio
- Continuously improve integration development and deployment practices
WHO YOU ARE
- Technical Chops:
- Proven experience with the development and deployment of complex integrations across enterprise platforms, with a focus on quickly delivering value to the business
- Experience with cloud-based integration tools and services, and familiarity with enterprise integration patterns–especially cloud-native and API
- Experience with platforms such as Workato, NetSuite, Salesforce, and Shopify a plus
- Proficiency with scripting and imperative languages commonly used in enterprise integration development
- Strong understanding of DevOps best practices, and job-related experience with version control, testing, and CI/CD
- Experience defining and maintaining technical best practices, managing software development projects, with excellent communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
Technology Passion: You love building things. You have a natural curiosity and drive to learn new tech and keep up with trends in cloud-native platforms and integrations, which will inform the team’s technical / architectural decision making.
Project Management: You have job-related experience with planning, prioritizing, and delivering project goals on time; specifically experience working on agile cross-functional projects with a variety of stakeholders.
Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Ability to perform in a dynamic, fast-changing work environment.
HOW WE WORK
Authentic and Inclusive: We embrace each and every one of our differences and celebrate our diversity. We commit to fostering a space where everyone belongs and is heard.
Nimble with Purpose: We are a fleet of speedy boats, instead of a barge. As pathfinders of positive change, we adapt our focus with ease when our purpose points us in a new direction
Resilient Teammates: We support our Hydrow teammates and members through challenges: technical, personal, or unexpected waves. We overcome the present obstacle and persevere together.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
BENEFITS AND PERKS (Full Time Permanent Hydrownauts)
🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Premiums 100% Paid For By Hydrow
👶 6 Months Fully Paid Primary and Secondary Parental Leave
🏖 Unlimited PTO Policy
📚 $150/week Reimbursable for Childcare
🧘♂️ Free Subscription to Headspace
🚣 75% Discount on a Hydrow and Free Membership to the Hydrow App
* COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Hydrow requires anyone working onsite to confirm they are fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested, reviewed, and approved.
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.
See more open positions at Hydrow
Something looks off?