Marketing & Communications
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2023
WHO WE ARE
If you ask us, we’re the perfect mix of athletes, entrepreneurs, engineers, and creatives. Our diverse backgrounds and shared values are what help make Hydrow great. Our mission is not just to create an amazing fitness experience, but a beautiful human experience - one that’s honest, inclusive, and positive.. Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? That’s because it is!
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Marketing Manager role is focused on developing and implementing strategies to drive growth through the Organic Social Media and Affiliate marketing channels. You will own the vision and execution for building brand awareness and affinity across social channels including Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube. You will coordinate cross-functionally to distribute content that elevates the brand and drives meaningful engagement. In addition, you will partner with our external Affiliate marketing agency to create a strategy that uses content publishers to communicate the value of Hydrow and key promotions that drive sales.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Own the holistic view of the Organic Social and Affiliate channels, defining core strategies, objectives, campaigns, and KPIs.
- Create the messaging calendar for Organic Social that highlights Hydrow’s athletes, members, news, and other content that engages social media audiences interested in fitness and wellness.
- Utilize social media and YouTube to shine a spotlight on the workout content being filmed each week by our in-house production team and world-class athletes at stunning outdoor destinations around the world.
- Leverage social media best practices and ongoing learnings to grow Hydrow’s followers and improve engagement metrics.
- Partner with our external Affiliate marketing agency to target different types of publishers, onboard new relationships, distribute relevant communications, and test new compensation models.
- Track and manage Affiliate channel performance, continually finding ways to optimize the strategy to drive higher sales.
WHO YOU ARE
- Creativity: You enjoy thinking outside the box and finding new and memorable tactics to connect with audiences in a meaningful way that supports the brand.
- Organization and planning: Strong project management skills including conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations.
- Communication: You have strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills to inform, encourage and implement impactful marketing initiatives.
- Collaboration: You have a strong work ethic and a natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly-fluid environment.
- Platform Knowledge: You have experience with social media in a professional capacity and are excited by building followership, driving engagement with the brand, and elevating our athletes into brand personalities.
- Experience: B2C or subscription marketing is preferred, but not required.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting exceptional candidates, for that reason if you don't meet 100% of the job description, that's okay! Please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
HOW WE WORK
Authentic and Inclusive: We embrace each and every one of our differences and celebrate our diversity. We commit to fostering a space where everyone belongs and is heard.
Nimble with Purpose: We are a fleet of speedy boats, instead of a barge. As pathfinders of positive change, we adapt our focus with ease when our purpose points us in a new direction
Resilient Teammates: We support our Hydrow teammates and members through challenges: technical, personal, or unexpected waves. We overcome the present obstacle and persevere together.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
BENEFITS AND PERKS (Full Time Permanent Hydrownauts)
🩺 Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Premiums 100% Paid For By Hydrow
👶 6 Months Fully Paid Primary and Secondary Parental Leave
🏖 Unlimited PTO Policy
📚 $150/week Reimbursable for Childcare
🧘♂️ Free Subscription to Headspace
🚣 75% Discount on a Hydrow and Free Membership to the Hydrow App
* COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Hydrow requires anyone working onsite to confirm they are fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested, reviewed, and approved.
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.
See more open positions at Hydrow
Something looks off?