Sales Data Analyst
Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our innovative, supplemental school transportation solutions are used by over 400 school districts, charter schools, nonprofits, government agencies, as well as busy families to safely and reliably get kids where they need to go.
Student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the U.S. The way kids get to and from school has a direct impact on our kids, families, schools and communities. While school districts spend $28 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus. The current system can no longer meet all the transportation needs of our districts, schools and families — and its shortcomings are causing inequities in educational access that are affecting the welfare of millions of kids each day.
HopSkipDrive is taking a different approach to arranging safe, reliable school transportation that meets needs that aren’t being addressed by the current system, helping to fill gaps and supplement the student transportation options available. We create personalized transportation solutions for the one to the many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for the most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, children experiencing homelessness and students with disabilities.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology — coupled with operational expertise and new ways of thinking — to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list, as well as Best Places to Work lists from Built In LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us a Best Company for Professional Development, as well as to its Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now operate across over 20 major markets and more than a dozen states across the country. We continue to expand at a rapid pace, making the Inc. 5000 list four times, as well as the Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology list. HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
As a Sales Analyst, Insights you will be living in the Sales team’s data in order to build out our infrastructure and dashboards. You will be proactively asking questions leading to investigations aiming to uncover actionable insights. You will utilize your data analysis skills to improve operational processes and forecasting. You will surface key trends and find patterns. Above all, you will be a key player in helping the Sales team’s continued growth and goal achievement.
What you'll do
- Study past sales data to determine trends in productivity and quotas
- Dig into our forecasting levers to identify incorrect assumptions while suggesting optimal improvements
- Collaborate on data products such as; building dashboards and performing investigations
- Identify data cleanliness and process issues and help to remedy going forward
- Build and improve on existing reporting, thus empowering coworkers to make informed decisions and track their performance.
- Review market trends and other sales figures to help the sales team understand the market and provide more recommendations to our potential clients
- Ensure data is used ethically
This role will be fully remote within a state we are an employer in AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, KS, MD, WI, OK, UT, TN, NC, SC, NV, NM, NJ, NY, OR, TX, VA, WA, MO, MI
Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of experience demonstrating data wrangling, analysis, reporting, and visualization in a fast-paced environment
- A prowess for data maintenance and cleanliness, pattern recognition and organization
- Technical proficiency in Tableau, Excel, Google Sheets, SQL, and Salesforce
- An attitude with an entrepreneurial, execution-focused, get-things done mindset
- Superior presentation skills and the ability to tell a compelling story with data
- Strong interpersonal skills and a great sense of humor for internal communication
- An outlook that is always finding ways to make things more efficient
- An affinity for dope workday music
- Bachelor’s degree in math, science, or equivalent field
Nice to have
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Technical proficiency in Salesloft, Hubspot
- Former investment banking or consulting experience
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer flexible vacation, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), FSA, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Los Angeles, CA is $80,000 to $90,000. This position is remote and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set, certifications, and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.