Business Development Advisor
Honor exists to expand the world’s capacity to care.
We’re combining high tech with high-touch to deliver better home care for aging adults, better jobs for Care Professionals, and entirely new offerings to support the aging journey, at scale.
Founded in 2014, and now a Series E funded “Unicorn” valued at over $1B, Honor leads the world’s largest home care network with the most advanced care platform. Our August 2021 acquisition of Home Instead has created a global company that’s revolutionizing how society cares for older adults, their families, and Care Professionals.
The Honor Care Platform combines local care and the most advanced technology to bring the highest quality care to more aging adults.
Grow at Honor as part of a united team where everyone shows up authentically, shares ideas bravely, and solves complex problems!
About the Work:
The Business Development Advisor of our local Chicago Home Instead franchise location is responsible for being out in the local community building and maintaining strong relationships and referral partnerships with hospitals, other medical facilities, and local health care partners across the entire continuum of care in order to drive client referrals for in-home care services and hit personal and location level growth targets. You will also be cross trained in performing in-home sales consults with families.
This is a metrics driven position that requires a good amount of travel in the Chicago area.
We're searching for an individual who understands relationship sales, is a self-starter willing to roll-up his or her sleeves, is comfortable operating with a sales quota, and is excited to build something really extraordinary with us.
This role requires 75% travel in the field supporting the Chicago area.
- Be out in the local community 75% of the time building and maintaining strong relationships and referral partnerships. Target accounts include, but are not limited to, hospitals, physicians, home health agencies, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, senior centers, hospice, rehabilitation centers, etc.
- Perform all phases of a consultative sales process, including preparation & outreach, qualifying the referral source, asking for the referral, all the while documenting the process in Salesforce.
- Establish & cultivate trusted relationships both with NEW and EXISTING referral providers.
- Effectively present Home Instead marketing materials
- Reach target drop off / 1-1 meeting / networking event / hosted event targets monthly.
- Use appropriate Social Media channels (ex. Linked In) to promote your personal & location’s brand. (Expectation is 2 posts per week)
- Generate qualified referrals for potential client care consultations.
- Be able to answer potential client calls on nights and weekends so as to assist with setting up care consultations.
- Conduct Care Consultations with prospective clients & families (if needed).
- Support New Starts of Care through Care Pro Introductions (if needed).
- Support Clients through QA Visits, PPE Drop Off, etc. (if needed).
- Be able to fill in for high needs clients when gaps in care exist, for companionship & safety supervision (if needed).
To succeed in the role, you’ll need:
- College degree preferred
- Three years experience in direct relationship sales or other sales-related background
- One year experience in home care, health care or senior-related industry required, an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Willing to travel 75% of the time in the field working with referral sources and clients
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen & communicate effectively
- Ability to demonstrate an ability to work effectively within Honor & Home Instead required systems & technologies, as well as be proficient in computer skills (calendars, documents, etc)
- Team-oriented: you have a track record of being collaborative and a team player
- Results-oriented: you deliver results
- Metrics-drive: you understand how to track your performance
- Innovative: you always look for ways to improve your sales process and performance
- Customer-focused: you strive to deliver a product and service that is best in class
Our range reflects the hiring range for this position. We use national average to determine pay as we are a remote first company. Individual pay is based on a number of factors including qualifications, skills, experience, education, and training.
Base pay is just a part of our total rewards program. Honor offers equity and 401K with up to a 4% match. We provide medical, dental and vision coverage including zero cost plans for employees. Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance are fully employer paid with a voluntary additional Life Insurance option. We offer a generous time off program, mental health benefits, wellness program, and discount program.
Honor is remote friendly! We're hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Most of our positions are remote/work from home and do not require permanent relocation. As conditions allow, we have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you're looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we'd love to talk to you.
This role doesn’t sound quite right? Send this application to a friend who may be a fit and check out our other available roles!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.
Honor is an E-Verify company. For more information please review our Participation and your Right to Work