Sr. Engineering Manager
Honor exists to expand the world’s capacity to care.
We’re combining high tech with high-touch to deliver better home care for aging adults, better jobs for Care Professionals, and entirely new offerings to support the aging journey, at scale.
Founded in 2014, and now a Series E funded “Unicorn” valued at over $1B, Honor leads the world’s largest home care network with the most advanced care platform. Our August 2021 acquisition of Home Instead has created a global company that’s revolutionizing how society cares for older adults, their families, and Care Professionals.
The Honor Care Platform combines local care and the most advanced technology to bring the highest quality care to more aging adults.
Grow at Honor as part of a united team where everyone shows up authentically, shares ideas bravely, and solves complex problems!
About the Work:
The Staffing team is responsible for building systems that drive one of Honor’s key product differentiators. We’re accountable not only for how our customers find and receive care, but also building long lasting relationships between care professionals and recipients. We have a diverse set of stakeholders across the company and collaborate heavily with Data, Product Design, Product Management, and Engineering.
- Recruit, hire, scale, and develop an amazing team of engineers
- Actively shape strategic direction and product decisions that
impact all of Honor and our customers
- Drive operational excellence and scale across your team’s services
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Create connections across all of Honor to further the team and the company
- Boldly promote the success of your team
- System thinking
- Configuration driven systems
What makes a fit?
- Thrive in a highly collaborative environment involving many different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- You’re passionate about distilling complexity into achievable outcomes.
- You’ve built diverse teams to tackle challenging technical problems
- You’re a communicator that has a history of representing engineering teams
- You have at least 3 years of engineering management experience and 8 years software development experience
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams
- Bonus points: Marketplace, eligibility, or rules engine related technology experience
Our range reflects the hiring range for this position. We use national average to determine pay as we are a remote first company. Individual pay is based on a number of factors including qualifications, skills, experience, education, and training.
Base pay is just a part of our total rewards program. Honor offers generous equity packages that increase with position level and responsibilities, and a 401K with up to a 4% employer match.
We provide medical, dental and vision coverage including zero cost plans for employees. Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance are fully employer paid with a voluntary additional Life Insurance option. We offer a generous time off program, mental health benefits, wellness program, and discount program.
Honor is remote friendly! We're hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Most of our positions are remote/work from home and do not require permanent relocation. As conditions allow, we have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you're looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we'd love to talk to you.
Want to know more about why Honor is a great place to work? Check out our perks!
We value people! These four people-centric values guide the ways we work and decisions we make every day.
This role doesn’t sound quite right? Send this application to a friend who may be a fit and check out our other available roles!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.
Something looks off?